Chapter 4

I'm so sorry!!!!! It's been ages :/

But I had a completely blank mind, total writers block...

~Bexx

Read & Review?

---------------------------------

I walked into the lab the next morning to find Abby lying on the floor with Bert as a pillow, she looked like she was asleep, she must have run out of Caf-POW! I stepped round her to pick up the phone which was ringing.

"Hello?" I answered the phone

"Spencer? Where is Abby?" it was McGee.

"She is here McGee, but asleep. What's up?"

"The kid, you know the one that survived the crash is here. We have a lead, and I was going to leave her with Abby..."

"I'll look after her. Abby looks like she is just waking up anyway." Abby stirred and opened her eyes.

"Who is it?" Abby mouthed to me as McGee replied something about bringing the wee girl down.

"McGee." I mouthed back. She gestured for me to give her the phone, she was still sitting on the floor.

"Here she is McGee!" I said quickly to McGee before he hung up. I passed the phone to Abby and she as she begin to talk to him, now fully awake, I wandered about the lab. After a few minutes I heard the elevator doors opening and McGee and a wee girl who looked about 4 or 5 came out.

"Hi McGee, I didn't even notice Abby and you had finished talking on the phone!"

"Yeah, I don"t think she did either... I told her I was coming down..." He replies as we hear Abby saying "McGee, Hello?" into the phone.

"Over here Abs!" McGee calls.

"Where'd you come from? You were on the phone like two seconds ago..." Abby looks seriously confused.

"Abby, I said bye like 5 minutes ago..."

"Oh, oh well... I guess this is Jasmine?"

"Yeah." Jasmine hid behind McGee shyly.

"Hi, Jasmine, I'm Abby and this is Spencer. We are gonna help look after you for a little bit, okay?"

"Okay," She said really quietly.

"How old are you Jasmine?" I asked the little girl, careful to keep my voice quiet, I knew I could be pretty loud sometimes...

"I'm four," She said, "and 3/4!" she added. I had to laugh, she reminded me so much of my younger cousin.

"Why are you laughing?" She asked.

"Just cause you really remind me of someone," I smiled.

While we had this conversation Abby had been talking to McGee, and I could tell he was in a hurry to get away.

"Abby," I called, "Come here and let Jasmine see Bert?"

Abby came over started talking to Jasmine about Bert and she give him to her to look at. I watched as she showed her it becoming a puppet, the little girl was laughing. It made me sad to know how much she had been through so early in her life

--------------------

Kay, Feedback please?

The amount of reads on this is dropping like anything... Why? :(

I'll write more ASAP, I'm so sorry this took so long...

Also the biggest thank yous to Rebecca, Tibby, Saskia and Gracie ;)

~Bexx