Chapter 5: A Plan

• Dedicated to Hannah May-O'leary

Hello everyone! This is the new chapter! I'm including a few pronunciations for the story in this note :)

Staangee - staa-rN-gee

Gevola - Gev-olA

Ania - A-knee-A

Eoius - Eye-ous

Succakgu- Sue-Kag-Goo

Zacarus- Za-Karr-US Hope they helped! If there is any other things you don't know how to pronounce, comment and I'll add them to the next chapter!

__________________

Chapter 5: A Plan

I was starving. I'd been here for weeks, maybe even months. My brain was muddled from lack of food and some drugs that they had managed to force into me. I'd always been slender, but now I was even more so. My brown hair fell uncut to my shoulders, now dull. I had given up.

Eoius noticed the change and was concerned. From then on, he tried to sneak food for me as often as he could. He was the only thing that kept me sane. After three days of continued meals, I started to remember things. Things that I could do and what I really was.

A succakgu. A winged human, often referred to as an angel by the lesser forms. My wings were retractable, so I could pull them against my body. I didn't know whether anyone knew about them, but I had to keep them hidden for now.

I was sitting on my bed, staring at my hands when the news came. Vanessa burst in, closely followed by Sophia.

"We have news for you," Vanessa cried, a look of seriousness on her face, but also of restrained joy,

"She wants to see you"

I was confused.

"Who's 'She'?"

"The Ruby." Vanessa replied.

My breath stopped short. The Ruby knew about me?! I couldn't do it. The Ruby would find out about me being a Succakgu and she would never let me leave.

"When?" I managed to choke out.

"Soon." Vanessa replied.

Eoius entered with a bowl of fruit just then, hiding his face. Vanessa and Sophia left soon afterwards.

"What did they want?"Eoius asked, setting down the bowl.

He saw my expression and smiled.

"Don't worry," he said, "They are clean."

"Good, I'm starving!"

I dug in.

"I need to escape," I stated between bites, "They're taking me to The Ruby very soon. I can't risk going to her."

"You're leaving?" Eoius repeated, his voice shocked. I looked at him, tears forming in my eyes.

"I have to. There's something I have to tell you."

Eoius looked confused.

"I'm not human," I whispered, "I'm only half human. Our race is called the Succakgus'. I am a Succakgu."

Eoius looked surprised for a second before smiling.

"I knew you were special," he stated, "So, what are the Succakgu anyway?"

"Some of us have powers," I replied slowly, "But we have...um...wings. Some of the lesser fo-I mean full humans call our kind ' Angels'."

Eoius laughed, a deep laugh. He went up to me and, putting his arm around my waist, pecked me on the cheek.

"I knew it." He cried, with another laugh.

I laughed along with him, happy he accepted me for what I was.

"So," Eoius said, drawing back from me, "Are you one of the 'some' that have powers?"

"Yes"

I drew back even further, then touched my magic in my mind. I lifted one of the fruits and pulled it towards me, before releasing the magic when it was over my hand.

"Voila!" I cried, brandishing the apple.

Eoius clapped quietly, smiling.

"Okay, Let's get started planning my escape" I said, sitting on my straw bed and taking a casual bite from the apple in my hand.