Chapter 4: Destiny

• Dedicated to Lucy Allonby

Hello!! I am being in a very inspired mood this week :) Here's the NEXT chapter!!!! 

Emily x 

_________________________ 

Chapter 4: Destiny 

Days passed in the same manner. I couldn't think. I only just could remember who I was.  

Vanessa obviously trusted me to eat my food, so she and Sophia never came in again when I was eating. 

On the third day, I discovered that I was tall enough to reach the window. I scraped the food out of the window, and ignored the water I was given. After that, my brain started to work a little better. 

On one of the 'talks that Vanessa gave me, Sophia noticed that I wasn't drinking. She consulted the young boy that gave me food - a nice guy called Zac - and he said that the plates were scraped clean. 

But that was the last time I saw him. 

The next day, a new boy started. He looked around my age. He had short brown hair and crystal blue eyes. The first few times he came in, I avoided him. But my curiosity got the better of me. 

"Um...hello," I said when he came in. He looked surprised that I was talking to him. 

"Hello" he replied, in a voice which made shivers flow through me - the good kind. 

He looked to the door quickly, then left with a glance at me. I decided to try to get to know this boy, he intrigued me. The next day, I felt bold. 

"What's your name?" I asked, looking at him questioningly. 

He looked straight at me then, his crystal eyes looking straight through me. 

"My name is Eoius." he replied with a smile, a sparkle in his eye. 

"What happened to Zac?" 

His smile faltered, the sparkle dying. 

"I don't what happened to Zacarus. No-one knows, not even my mother." 

"Oh," I felt guilty, not realising that they were related, "I didn't know that he was..." My voice trailed off. 

Tears brimmed his eyes as I watched, before he turned and left the room. 

The next day, Eoius came back, though he was more somber than usual. I stood up, going to comfort him, but I under-estimated the length of my chain. I stumbled, but he caught me. Our eyes connected for a moment. A moment which seemed to last forever. 

It was Destiny.