To my surprise, Damon Salvatore stood in front of me, shutting his phone off and smirking at me.

"How did you get here? Why aren't you with Elena?" I asked standing in the hallway with him, gently shutting the door behind me.

"Why would I be with Elena? That's Stefan's boredom breaker, not mine." He defended.

"I don't think we should stand out here, Klaus will kill you if he knew you were here," I said anxiously.

"You've really given in to him, haven't you? Where's the fire in you today?" He teased.

"Up your cold, dead ass, old man." I grinned.

"Let's go." He rolled his eyes and we left the building.

//

"Think you can just run away when we please?" I heard Klaus' angry voice behind me and Damon.

"I'm not your fúcking puppet. You may be the very reason I'm here, but no matter what, you cannot deprive me of social interaction." I folded my arms and turned around to him, and boy, he looked angry.

"I see you've got your play thing with you, but it's time to go home love." He was getting impatient.

"Why can't she just come back to us. She's only after telling how she's had no use here anyway." Damon reasoned.

"That, Salvatore is none of your business. You will leave, and go back to your petty friends before I end your life right here." Klaus spat, grabbing my arm and speeding back to the apartment.

//

"I need a fúcking drink. That's what I need." I groaned as Klaus stared,

"What?" I frowned.

"Nothing." He mumbled, looking away, his gaze now absently wandering out the apartment window.

"Klaus cut the shit. Why am I here?" I asked seriously.

I heard slight whispering in my ear, but I had learned to ignore that while in social situations. I don't want to be put into a vampire rehab.

"You're here because nobody wants you. They only use you when they need something." It sneered.

I winced and looked away from Klaus.

He looked at me, I saw at the corner of my eye, he looked as though he was working out what was happening, and that terrified me.

"I need to get out of here," I whispered quietly, keeping my head down and rushing towards the door.

I felt so vulnerable. Too vulnerable.

Before I took my third step to the door, Nik sped over to the door, shutting it quickly with the palm of his right hand. He kept his head down for a few seconds before he looked at me with a look of pain.

"They're hurting you. You're letting your demons control you." He stated, not breaking his gaze.

"You're insane." I spat angrily.

"I may be, but what about you?" He asked.

"I'm fine," I mumbled angrily.

"You don't want to feel sorry for yourself. They're taking you bit by bit and you know it!" He pointed to his head.

"You don't know anything! I've been dealing with them for a thousand years! I think after a while, you get used to it. Worry about every other enemy you've made before you worry about me." My voice came out quiet and strangled.

He glanced at me. A stream of worry and concern flashing through his eyes.

What he did next not only confused me but made me feel oddly satisfied.

He walked over to me slowly. His eyes locked on mine, and tilted my face up with his hand, lingering on my cheek.

I didn't want to move away.

I couldn't.

Then, he kissed me.

-

* I update this story every three days. Comments are appreciated

- B