Appointments Galore!

I've been sitting on my couch for the last two hours pouring over my notes. It's been a crazy couple of days and I just want to get back to normal. Just go back to scheduling appointments and helping my clients solve their problems, not make them worse. I have my notes out for Justin, Selena, Taylor, Shawn Mendes, and Ariana Grande. I have appointments with all of them in the coming week. 

Personally, I wish Ariana would find someone else to see because she's just plan difficult to deal with. She isn't a regular client and I only see her every few months, but all she does is talk trash about everyone. I want to scream at her that I'm a therapist, not a journal, but I bite my tongue. 

Mendes is coming by on Tuesday. I don't understand why he is coming, but his manager says he seems to be preoccupied. Our last session ended pretty well and besides the usual stress of making an album, he seemed fine. We'll probably just catch up and talk for a few minutes before he leaves. 

Taylor is coming over to talk about a couple rumors floating around-again- and something else she didn't want to say over the phone. That made me a little nervous, but I'm sure it wasn't something big. 

Selena is supposed to come over tonight, after an interview for her latest movie Neighbors 2. She called earlier and asked if she could come over. It's the first time in three days that we spoke. I'm trying to think about what I'm going to say to her, particularly about Justin. I'm not comfortable with telling her about being with Justin or even that I'm seeing him as a client. I can't get the words out of my mind that she said the other night, that she thinks they're going to get back together. 

Speaking of Justin, he's coming over Friday night after a show. As of now he is planning on staying the night so that we can have our first official date, which is going to be a nice dinner and then watching a movie. He's picking the movie and I'm getting the food. I've already planned to get something to-go from one of my favorite LA restaurants. It's all tentative though because he might have to go to an interview early Saturday morning.

My phone starts ringing, causing me to just about jump out of my skin. I look at the screen. It's Katie. We've spoken only a couple times since our fight but with everything going on, I haven't had much time to talk or hang out. I decide to answer. 

"Hello?" I say, moving to lay down on the couch. I bend my legs up and tuck my toes under the edge of the cushion. 

"Long time no talk," Katie says. 

"I've been crazy busy," I say. "I haven't had much of a break for even myself." 

"So it would be useless for me to ask if we could hang out soon?" 

"Yeah, I don't know." I have appointments all week and then I'm hanging out with Justin this weekend. Of course I have a free day on Friday during the day and then Sunday, but I'm going to need some down time for myself after a busy week. "I'll have to let you know." 

"Are you busy tonight? Just for a little while?" Katie almost sounds pleading. "I could really use someone to talk to." 

Did she just say that? I think to myself. She knows how much I hate that, especially when I can tell she's just saying it to make me feel guilty. I take the phone away from my ear for a second, taking a deep breath to calm me down. I realize we haven't hung out as much recently, but something about Katie has changed and I don't know what it is. She seems almost mad about it. 

Katie is saying something when I put the phone back up to my ear but I interrupt her. "Look, I'm sorry I'm busy, but that's my life right now. My clients come first." 

"Well then I guess I'll just call tomorrow and make an appointment with you." 

The line went dead after that and I sigh. I don't know what is up with her. I'll call her back later and tell her that we can hang out on Sunday if she wants. After all, she is my only non-client friend I have. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologize if you are a little disappointed in this chapter, BUT although it is a kind of filler chapter, there is also the beginning of something brewing... :)