chapter six. ➸ trapped.

chapter six. trapped.

一一一一一一一一一一一

I licked my lips and pursed them when I became aware of how dry my mouth was. I couldn't speak, let alone protest against Harry's actions. My wrist was still constricted by his hand when we reached the door of a bedroom. I blamed myself for blindly believing that I would get to go back home. It was stupid. They'd paid a huge amount of money to Richard and my family for me. They wouldn't let go of me that easily.

My breathing quickened with every nerve wracking second that passed. When the door was opened, Harry forcefully tugged me in before shutting it again. I could tell he hadn't lost a single ounce of anger. His eyebrows were still furrowed as he finally let go of my hand and glanced around the bedroom. 

He dug into the right pocket of his jeans and walked over to the dressing table. Car keys were pulled out and chucked carelessly onto it. My heart jumped when Harry's eyes landed on me again.

I only realized how close he was when I felt warm breathes on my forehead, "Take off your dress," Harry demanded, his voice firm. I nervously swallowed, unable to utter a single word. What was wrong with me? It was at time like this that I needed to be firm on my stance and fight back.

But I didn't. I couldn't. Someone was taking advantage of me and I wasn't doing anything.

"You're pissing me off," He murmured.

I'd never been exposed to anything this... vile. As my mother would call it. Sex was never discussed in our household and I didn't know anything about it. But I was taught that it was something dirty, that was all. I was only aware of the basic biological perspective of it, as the seventh grade science syllabus introduced it but the whole idea of it freaked me out.

"You're so fucking difficult," He cursed loudly, startling me. I found myself terrified of him, "Look at me," When my hands were gripped by his, I let out a whimper, "I said, look at me,"

I did as I was told, too frightened to disobey him now. I timidly glanced up into his eyes. It was hard to tell of what colour they were as they were shadowed by his pronounced brow bone, "Why doesn't anyone listen to me? Why!"

My fingers began to twitch uncontrollably. Harry's features relaxed a little as he looked at me carefully. His grip on my hands was loosened as his eyes trailed down to them.

He looked surprised by my intensity, the rapid shaking of my hands seemingly rendering him confused. His lips parted to say something as he let go of my hands completely but he ended up not uttering a single word.

I was relieved when he took a few steps away from me, looking away as he rubbed the nape of his neck. I let out a sigh of relief.

Both hands were placed on the dressing table as he glared into the mirror. I tried to remain as still as possible, fearing that Harry's attention would be diverted to me if I gave off any kind of motion or sound.

He stormed out of the room and slammed the door shut behind him. I had never felt so relieved.

I wasn't sure why exactly he left but I knew that what had just happened was only the beginning. I couldn't predict anything. I just needed to find a way to guard myself.

I waited in the room for a few minutes before opening the door a little. I peeked through the slit to see if the coast was clear. Harry was nowhere in sight so I stepped out. I paced along the corridor cautiously, taking small steps.

一一一一一一一一一一一

"Oh, I'm used to it," Mrs. Briffen said in between sobs. She patted at her eyelids with a napkin, "Now you know how much of a handful he is,"

"With a dad who spoils him that much, it's expected," I said, sitting beside the sobbing lady on my bed, "Maybe you should get some rest, Mrs. Briffen. Forget about it. If he's decent enough, he'll apologize to you,"

She let out a laugh, "Niall, this boy never apologizes to anyone. But you're right, I'm going straight to bed right after I'm done with the dishes. I'm so glad I'm going home tomorrow,"

"You're going home tomorrow?"

"I go home every weekend," She explained, "Oh, I forgot to tell you about that,"

I shifted nervously on the bed as I thought about what she had just said. If she's going home, I'm going to be alone with Harry for the weekend. I shivered at the thought. Why shouldn't she have told me this sooner?

When Mrs. Briffen left my room, I found myself lost. Trapped. And alone.

I dug into the bag Jakey had delivered and changed into a sweater and jeans, trying to keep the bad new at the back of my mind. I noticed that Mrs. Briffen had left her little napkin on the bed. I placed it on the dressing table before letting my hair loose completely, the dark locks falling on my forehead as I prepared myself for some sleep.

I was pulling at the blanket of the newly made bed when a knock on the door startled me. It was probably Mrs. Briffen coming back to take her napkin. Without giving it much thought, I pulled the door open.

I instantly began to regret it. I stood completely frozen in front of Harry.

My first instinct was to close it again, which I attempted to do but Harry held it open, his strength overpowering mine, "Listen," It sounded like an order, "About earlier," I looked away from him, my eyes shifting awkwardly, "I was angry because... uh... well, I was just..." He paused for a moment, his tongue quickly slipping out to wet his lips, "Look, I just don't want you to be afraid of me. And I'm... sorry. If I came off as... an asshole,"

"Okay," I said quietly.

"And I wanted to tell you that I will not tolerate strangers coming to my home. I know there was someone here. And if I catch anyone, things aren't going to be very pretty,"

一一一一一一一一一一一

FREDDIE IS THE MOST CUTEST LITTLE THING OH MY GOD HE LOOKS SO SMOL SO FUCKING TINY AND JUST SO FUCKING PRECIOUS OH GOD I'M SO HAPPY HE'S HERE AND I'M SO HAPPY FOR LOUIS

emma wasn't feeling so good, so she asked me to update for you guys. hope you enjoyed it. x

-Al.