"What does it look like I'm doing with them?" he was supposed to be smart and know why I was freaking out right then, hence I don't get why so oblivious. "We're engaged, remember? Unless you can answer everyone why you're wearing but an engagement ring, then fine. Suit yourself; let me tell you one thing though,  you can't fool people like them." he firmly pointed his finger in my direction. "They can smell your lies before you can breathe. The decision goes back to you, either you put this ring on then go in and out of the party without an issue, or get caught. But trust me, things won't be as pretty as your face. Know who you're about to face in that room"

My worst nightmares? Not possible if I've already met it over a cliff, then suddenly getting tossed over it into the water for no relevant reason.

What makes things even worse is the fact that Harry is taking the consequences of this fake marriage very lightly. The mere idea of the one and only platinum ring holds a great value that we mustn't play with. Wearing fake versions of those rings, or other normal rings, as Harry said will put us at great risks of danger that I'm not sure I'm willing to take instead of ending up wallowing in self-pity and misery for the rest of my eternity.

"You really don't know do you? These rings..." I was too much of a coward to even touch them, for they held so much power it might I was afraid it might accidentally slip over my finger. "Our engagement is fake and you know it. The curse-"

He let out a loud snort that, earning a confused expression on my countenance "Carly, are you out of your goddamn mind?" he brought his fingertips to the top of his head then shot them up. "Christ, you and everyone else are downright delusional. That shit isn't even remotely true. No fake couple gets cursed to an eternal blah blah blah marriage just because they faked it by shoving these stupid rings through their fingers!" laughter erupted from him once again after he's spoken to me like I was an imbecilic airhead.

My face felt hot with anger, me myself not being able to understand why he's talking bullshit. Who gave him the idea that this serious matter was a myth? Was it his oh-so-worthy-of-envy intelligence I can't see or his precious needles he probably talks to when he's bored and tucks them in at night then gives them goodnight kisses?

I gave him the "What the fuck are you blabbering about?" look. "Have you gone bananas, because that's how I see it"

"The reason why it's a myth because it never happened. You wanna know why? Because people fucking tried it and lived happily ever after. Besides, this eternal curse you're rambling about is stupid; why would anyone be cursed for faking a goddamned marriage? No don't tell me, I'll answer that for you- because it's a stupid myth!" there we go again with his stupid theory of the curse being a myth. I am not dealing with this ignorant prick anymore.

I ran my fingers through my damp hair and sighed, I'm ending this conversation so he better start filling me with the details on how exactly I got the bruises. "Say whatever you wanna say, but I'm right, you're wrong. Plus since we're engaged without even doing the rituals, need I remind you, and I of course have a say in this, my dear fiancé, I'm not wearing that thing on my finger. That's final, case closed" I crossed my arms, while looking away and clenching my teeth. From what I assumed, the topic ended due to his silence which I was grateful for. Finally he listened for once.

"Well well well, seems like you think you can tell me when to end a discussion." his tone was laced with amusement and somewhat irritation. If anyone is allowed to be irritated from the two of us, it should be me not him.

I was done arguing, so the only solution was to ignore and move on to the other subject. "Tell me exactly how I got these injuries" I demanded in a deadpan tone, this time he was going to have to answer me or else to hell with both our lives.