Part 4: The incident

It soon became a routine for you, you would get up, clean up then change into your work clothes before driving to work and helping Stacy with the orders and cleaning table, you also had to make sure the children didn't go near the animatronics in case they got hurt, the parents wanted to complain about that until you told them point blank that the restaurant would not be responsible for injuries if they had already been told, sure they grumbled for a while but they kept quiet after that. Every now and then you would keep an eye on the 'fox' that was in Kid's Cove and the Puppet in Prize corner (you had been introduced to him on the second day of work), then you would clean the place up with Stacy when it was time to close, clean the animatronics if they really needed cleaning then go home.

It seemed like your typical everyday routine when you thought about it, however this particular day was far from normal.
As everyone began to get things ready for opening something went wrong with Bonnie, they took one look at it and continued on with their work.
Which is exactly what you saw when you walked into the main room "what happened to Bonnie?" you asked.
"Bonnie's broken down again" one of them said.
"Aren't you going to phone a mechanic?"
"No phone's allowed, besides the children don't like the pieces of garbage, why should we fix him?"
Your eye twitching was the only thing showing your irritation "in case you all haven't noticed they are the main attraction, if one of them is broken we may not get paid"
You could not believe your eyes when you saw them go stiff with horror written on their faces, so they only cared about getting paid then? That was something you could use and inform dad after working here for a few months, he had been suspecting that the people here weren't doing their jobs properly and he wanted you to write down everything that had happened here for a few months, if he had enough proof then he would fire them.
"I'll make you guys a deal, I might be able to fix Bonnie" their eyes lit up "if I get him fixed would you keep it a secret?"
They all nodded and you wasted no time getting onto the stage "Stacy do you think you can inform the children that the band is on a break for a while until I got him fixed up?"
Stacy nodded then remembered something "hold on a moment" she ran out of the room to another place in the building, she came back to you with a box "this belonged to the last mechanic, you should have everything you need in the box"
You thanked her before getting behind the curtains and coming face to face with Freddy, you still felt slightly intimidated by their stares, but looking at Bonnie made it go away. Bonnie was in a kneeling with his head down as if he was looking at the floor and being scolded by an adult.
You looked at your watch and saw that you had fifteen minutes left, let's hope it was nothing serious and that it Bonnie was good to go for nine. You carefully move to the back of the band where you knew the opening would be, once you found it and opened it up you carefully examined it, you didn't want to mess it up even more.
A few seconds looking into the open area you immediately see the problem, the wires that were connected to Bonnie's voice box had not been secured properly, it didn't look like someone had tampered with it. It was normal for these things to happen.
You looked to your left side where the blue tool box lay and opened it, sure enough all the tools were there, you pulled out a soldering pen and was about to get to work when you heard children's voices walking into the room, how could it have been 15 minutes already? Thank goodness the curtains were shut or they would think you were trying to hurt Bonnie, if they cared anyway.
"Attention customers, Freddy and the gang are having some problems  with their instruments, they will be on stage as soon as possible"
There were some groaning coming from the children that liked to either skip school, spoiled or were too young.
Although the light was bright back stage, most of it had been blocked out by your head so your work effort was slow. After making sure the wires were all fully secure in their proper places you placed the metal plate back over the wires to keep them safe, you double checked everything else before getting it closed up, as if by magic Bonnie began to jerk and get back up again, nearly knocking you off your feet.
"Hi I'm Bonnie, are you ready to rock?" he exclaimed.
As you inhale sharply, everybody on the opposite side of the stage went quiet from the sudden voice.
Realising that you had no choice you quickly hi the tool box from sight before sucking in as much courage as you could and moved in front of the curtains "hey everyone" you waved nervously "Freddy and his band have double checked their instruments and everything seems to be working so without further ado" you make a presenting pose "Freddy, Bonnie and Chika come out and say hello"
You moved off stage as the curtains to open revealing Freddy and the band standing up and if you looked closely, you could have sworn the animatronics their smiles grew as they looked at the children, but that was impossible they couldn't do that, could they? You never saw their eyes flicker to you in silent gratitude.
"Hey kids" Freddy cheered "are you ready to dance and sing?"
Some kids ran to him cheering for him, you could tell these were kids who actually appreciated them.
"About time" excluding that one.
You resisted the urge to growl at the boy, why can't children have better manners? like in the old days? You may have been born in the modern year but even you had more manners than these kids when you were their age. Rolling your eyes you quickly got to work and helping Stacy, knowing that as soon as the restaurant closed for the night everyone would be thanking you.