Chapter 4

RECAP:

His face held a hurt expression, “ What?” He softly said, “ I would never hurt you Sage. Not only you, but i would NEVER put my hands on a woman.”

“ ok, then why is my head hurting, and why am i wearing your clothes?”

“ You stormed into the woods, and i think you tripped, and hit your head on a rock. Thats how i found you.”

“ Why am i wearing your clothes?”

“ You were shivering. Your clothes were soaked, and those were the warmest i could think of. And i didnt want to waste time looking through your stuff to find something.”

I didnt know what to say, “...” I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I wrapped my arms arms around his neck, and dug my face into his shoulder, “ Thankyou, for not leaving me to die.”

His body was rigid at first, but he began to soften, and wrapped his arms around my waist, “ Wouldnt dream of it.”

“ I can hear your heartbeat.”

He chuckled, “ And what does it sound like?”

“ Its really calm and steady.”

what am i doing? i jumped out his arms. He looked at me alarmed. i tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. “ I think its best if i go to sleep.”

“ Okay, if you want.”

I headed towards the bed. I heard him slightly laugh. i turned back, “ What?”

He shook his head still smiling, “ Nothing.”

JACES POV

She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, “ I think its best if i go to sleep.”

Awe, “ Okay, if you want.”

She began to head towards the bed, and i realized that she’s still wearing my shirt, and that i can slightly see her ass. Not a bad view. i laughed to myself.

“ What?”

“ Nothing.” I shook my head.

SAGES POV

He is a wierdo. 

i jumped into the bed, and dove under the covers. The bed was so alone, and empty. I looked around, and notice Jace laying on the ground with a pillow and cover. I crawled to the end of the bed, “ You can sleep up here you know.”

“Oh i thought i wasnt aloud to.”

“ No, i’ll let you... for now.”

I dove back under the covers, and turned to my side. i felt the bed dip, and the heat radiating off of his skin. “ You look cold over there.”

i turned towards him, “ So?”

He held his arms open, “ Come here.”

Ok, should i go or should i not go?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“ No, im ok.” i turned back around, and snuggled deeper into the covers for warmth.

“ Only if you say so. The offer will be intact all night.”

“ No thanks.”

I felt the bed move alittle more, than came to a hault as he finally laid still.

I couldnt go to sleep. No matter how hard i tries. My eyes just stayed open. I can feel his eyes on the back of my head, burning holes through me. I wanted nothing more than to confront  him, but i would only end up looking like a fool.( This story might not continue, read at the end.)