“Hello,” she said.

            “Hey, where are you,” I asked her.

            “Visiting your aunt, why?”

            “Just wondering, they diagnosed Kate,” I told her.

            “With what,” my mom asked.

            “Absence seizures, it’s some type of epilepsy or something like that.”

            “Oh, does that mean we get to go home soon,” she asked.

            “Well, that depends on how Kate’s mom is doing.  I don’t really think we should leave her alone.”

            “I have to be back to work by tomorrow.  What are you going to do,” she asked.

            I thought about it for a minute, and then I answered her, “I’ll talk to Aunt Caren and see if Kate and I can stay for a little bit with her and Uncle Tom until Kate’s mom is ready to go home.”

            “Okay, I have to go; I’ll talk to you later.  Bye,” she said, and then I heard the phone go dead.

Kate’s P.O.V.

            I couldn’t sleep, at all.  I could tell that Christian was worried when he woke up at 3:00 in the morning and I was sitting there fighting sleep.

            “What’s wrong,” he asked while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

            “I’m fine; nothing’s wrong,” I assured him.

            “Are you sure?  Why are you still awake?”

            “Because I can’t fall asleep since I don’t want to see what I know will be there,” I said.

            “What do you mean?  What will be there?”

            “Images of me at my mom’s funeral; I can’t stand it anymore,” I started crying.  Christian wrapped his arms around me.

            “Shh, it’s going to be okay,” he whispered in my ear.  “Just lie down and go to sleep, please.”

            “I’ll try,” I promised.