Chapter one

"Why cant we just live in one place for once?" i asked my dad as we drove to our third house these past two years.

My mom had died in a car accident 12 years ago when i was 5 so i don't remember very many things about her. My father always says that all i need to know is that she was a loving wife and mother to me and me 3 brothers.

"I promise that this is the last time we will move," After i shot him a dirty look that said 'im not i know we will be moving soon again' he added,"I promise."

"Yeah, sure, whatever." Was all i said before looking out my window and watched as the houses went from being right next to each other to slowly disappearing. After about 5 minutes it was just trees that surrounded us so i asked "Are you sure you know where your going?"

"Of course i do. Were about 5 more minutes away from the house." Dad said in a tone that sounded like he was trying to cheer me up. If so he sucks at it but by now i have already learned that. When ever I'm sad my oldest brother,John, was always there to cheer me up. When he moved out it was Dan and then when he moved out it was Phil. He turned 18 and moved out 2 years ago and ever since then Ive been stuck in a house with my boring old dad.

"We're here!" my dad exclaimed as he drove up a long winding driveway. I practically jumped out of the car when he stopped and grabbed my stuff before looking at the house. It was like one of those old fashion farm houses with all the trap doors and hidden stairways and stuff.

"I'm going to choose which room i want." I called over my shoulder to my dad as i ran into the house. I chose one of the medium sized rooms because it had a walk in closet with a door in the back. Before i had a chance to see what it lead to my dad came in the room and told me that the neighbors were here and he wanted me to change and meet them. That's when i looked down and noticed that my clothes didn't fit my dads standards when it comes to introducing me to other people. I was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a seat shirt even though it was the beginning of summer.

I went over to the box that said 'clothes' on it and searched through my clothes until i found my short shorts and a tight tank top. After applying a tiny bit of make up i went down stairs to me my new neighbors. Hip hip hooray! (sarcasm)

After walking down the long stair case that seemed to take ages and ages to get up let alone walking down. My feet started to get tired halfway down so i sat on the railing and was surprised. It hadnt collapsed beneath me! I started to slide down hopping of at the end before i could land on my butt. By doing this i earned an evil glare from my father. Before he could introduce me i introduced myself, afraid that he would say some kind of lie about me that would either make them like me too much or automatically hate me.

"Hello, my name is Rose." I said sticking my hand out to who i thought was the father. He chuckled lightly and shook my hand.

"Nice to meet you, Rose. I'm Jim, this is my wife Carol and my son Sam." As he said who everyone was i went through shaking every ones hand. After i shook every ones hand and we had a short conversation i asked," Hey Dad, I'm going to go get the rest of my stuff out of the moving tuck. Is that ok?"

He seemed really stunned that i asked for permission since i usually don't but he recovered fast. "Yeah. Why don't you let Sam help you out? I mean that is it is OK with you guys?" he asked Jim and Carol and they both nodded their heads.

"Um, ok then. Lets go." I said trying to be enthusiastic about it. Looking at the stuff left in the moving truck since it was all mine i decided that he could help me carry the heavy boxes for me. It wasn't that i wasnt strong i just didnt feel like doing any heavy lifting right now. "Can you grab that box for me?" I asked pointing to a box that was stacked on top of 6 other boxes.