Three: You'll Never Know

Damian doesn't notice his sister's frown from across the table. Cass stares at him over her breakfast, wishing he'd turn the music blasting from his earphones down. A song sung by a girl with a powerful voice. Despite that, it isn't something Cass wishes to hear after a long night of patrol.

Bruce drifts through the kitchen, large form hunching over the coffee machine once he reaches it. Alfred had gone to the city earlier, leaving him to domestically fend for himself for a few hours.

"Damian," Cass calls out, trying to catch the teen's attention. He doesn't notice and continues stirring his tea slowly whilst staring down at his phone.

Bruce takes notice when there is no response, glancing over his shoulder with a frown at his son. He prods Damian's shoulder lightly. The teen's attention snaps up to him with a mirrored glare.

He pauses the song, "What?"

"Turn your music down," Cass states flatly with a hardened expression. Damian continues his surly stare, but takes his earphones out, placing them by his phone.

"It does not matter. I am done with this album."

"What album?"

Steph enters with the light question and Damian knows it is time to panic. Sure, Cass won't know Ariana Grande, but Steph will. Without answering, he stands up with his tea, phone and earphones. He hastily evades the kitchen and the confused glances of his family and friend.

The questions will come one after the other. Why Ariana Grande? Who told you about her? Why are you blushing? Was it Rapid? Then he'll have to move back to Nanda Parbat out of shame.

As he walks up the staircase, the front door opens behind him. Expecting Alfred he turns around on the third step to collect the marshmallows the man had promised to purchase, but finds Tim blinking up at him instead.

Years ago this would have been unpleasant. Now it is...tolerable.

"Drake," he greets quietly.

"Hey," Tim replies in the same manner, pulling his scarf off as he closes the door.

"Why are you here?"

"The Titans have been quiet, so I thought I'd take the chance to come home and help with this speedster problem seeing as I've been dealing with Bart these last years," he replies, jacket and gloves coming off next.

Damian abandons the idea of going up to his room. Instead, he turns fully to face Tim, taking one step down.

"What do you know about Rapid?" He asks as casually as possible. He's not stupid; Tim may have had a better chance at gaining information simply with the time and hacking abilities he has above Damian.

"Well it's weird. We know she's Russian, seventeen, can reach mach 3 and is a known associate of the assassin Vermillion, and the former hero Glow. We now also know she works with the hacker known as Fantasy. Ex-member of the Twisted 12."

Damian isn't surprised at the information. The only surprise is that Rapid has been in Gotham for nearly two months, yet Vermillion, Glow and Fantasy have not made an appearance.

"We only know about her more recent work with Fantasy because when I tried to hack into the files on Rapid's full story- a virus designed by Fantasy overtook the entire Titan Tower. We're not sure what she got her hands on, but it took me weeks to clear out. The same thing happens concerning her associate's files," Tim goes on.

Damian stares at his adoptive brother for a few seconds, before turning back around and walking up the stairs. Tim frowns, watching the younger leave silently.