One: I'm Just Thinking 'Bout You

Damian sticks to the wall, stalking across the ledge in the dead of night.

I can do it.

Night is his domain. His family's domain. The shadows are their place. There is no way she can best him when he is in his prime setting.

Then again, it was just like this the last time they faced.

Batman is on the other side of the building on the same mission; approach the target with the utmost caution. She is sitting on the adjacent ledge eating a bag of candy with headphones on. They have eyes on her via Oracle.

A month ago, the pretty girl had shown up. And by 'shown up' Damian means he was surveying a building site from the roof of a hotel when a flash of purple lighting blinded him, kissed his lips, laughed and then ran away.

There is also something his father is not revealing about her. The files on the batcomputer she features in are locked away, with only her basic information available to him. She was once a protege of the Flash, having appeared out of nowhere with the abilities of a speedster. His father avoids any questions. Damian tried asking her why during one of their 'fights' but she just ran away.

For those reasons, she- Rapid -sets Damian on edge. She has only been in Gotham for a month and already he can not stand the Violet Speed Hellion. A name she disputes, apparently.

From the stupidly visible violet shade of her hair and odd golden colour of her eyes to her irritating laugh and ridiculous grin. There is absolutely nothing endearing or intriguing about it at all.

At least that's what he tells himself.

Also, she doesn't plague his every thought. Her scent isn't sweet and she absolutely has no bearing on his patrol route. Nope. Not at all.

"Dobriy vyecher, milashka."

Damian freezes on the spot, sure that just a second ago he had been behind the anti-hero. Now it sounds as if she is behind him.

He pivots on the edge of the building and finds himself facing the purple-haired girl leaning on the wall beside him. She looks irritatingly calm, tapping her fingers together, watching him with amused golden eyes and her normal smile.

"Hello," she says.

An uncommon feeling blooms in his chest. He grinds his teeth to expel it before taking as best a stance as he can being on such short ground.

"I know he's there," she continues brightly, ignoring his caution, "but he won't get here fast enough."

"I don't need him," Damian snaps. He moves to grab his staff.

She smiles.

She smiles. Damian does not like how the blood in his veins reacts. That irritating smile always catches him off guard and he hates it.

Sure enough, before he can even realise that he's already lost the battle, Rapid seizes his arm when he reaches for his weapon.

"We'll look back at this one day and laugh," she chirps. Damian grunts and tries to escape, but it is too late as the Violet Speedster races off along the edge of the roof-tops with Damian dangling over the side.

Nothing but her grip on his hand keeps him from plummeting to the ground.

"Unhand me!"

"'Unhand'? I don't know that one," she yells back.

Despite that, she lets go and Damian feels a whole other feeling inside of him as he plunges towards the ground. Beneath him, cars and pedestrians go on with their nightly business, unaware of the danger above.