Chapter 5: Sustays

Start from the beginning

"Or what?" She asked mockingly.

"Or I will end you!" The woman laughed once more.

"Is that so?!" In less than a blink of an eye the Sustay got on her feet and pushed me against the floor. She ran across the room with and impelled my stomach with a thick piece of wood that had come off the door when she had crashed her car against it. I screamed in pain.  

"Lauren!" I heard Camila cry out. The sustay in front of me smirked.

"Well, would you look at that? Looks like I'm actually going to meet the one and only." The woman pushed the wooden ship deeper into my stomach and I screamed even louder than before. I watched as she began to walk away.

"No!" My body fell to the floor.

Come on Lauren.

I leaned against the wall behind me and reached towards the wooden piece in my stomach and grasped in between my hands. I inhaled deeply.

One... I inhaled deeper.

Two...I firmly grasped the wood with both hands.

Three...I closed my eyes and yanked the piece of wood from my body.

The aching was unbearable, but I quickly got on my feet and ran behind the Sustay with the peice of wood she had incrusted inside my stomach in hand. The though of her getting close to Camila angered me. I balled my fist and used my vampire speed to painfully run towards her. I punched the back of her head and the Sustay fell to the ground. I raised the pice of wood high, and brought it down to her shoulder. She screamed.

"Help me!" I screamed at Brian. The man quickly stepped on the woman's neck, and I quickly pulled her head apart from her body. I was heavily breathing.

"Oh my god!" I turned around. Camila came running towards me. I winced when her body collided with my own.

"ouch!" She stepped back.

"What did she do?!" Camila asked. Clapping from the door interrupted me.

"Very excellent performance, Miss Jauregui." A man dressed in the same black and purple robe clapped from the frame of the destroyed door. I stepped in front of Camila. "That was very entertaining, I must admit." He began to walk slowly towards the stairs. "Thanks for killing that one for me. I couldn't stand her." He laughed.

"Get out of here or the same fade will await you!" Andrew screamed. The man huffed in annoyance and turned back to look at me.

"Now Lauren." He walked down the first step slowly, putting his hands inside the robe's pockets. "You ran from us with the girl. Why, Jauregui?  Did you really think we wouldn't find you before she was trained?" The man laughed out loud.

"Leave," I told Camila. She simply nodded and slowly began to walk backwards.

"Leaving so soon, sweat? I haven't gotten the chance to properly see you before I kill you." He asked Camila.

"Don't speak to her!" I ran towards him and pinned him against the bloodied wall. He smirked.

"Wrong move, Lauren." With all the force he had in him, the Sustay threw me off his body onto the floor. His cold hand gripped my neck. "I really didn't want to harm you, Lauren. But what you did back there is absolutely inexcusable to do to a vampire of my stature. Do you not agree?" The man brought his other hand on top of the one that already rested upon my neck and pressed down harder.  

"I-I," I struggled for air to come through my lungs. My vision began to darken, and the inside of my chest stung. Suddenly, his grip was lost and he was sent flying across the room.  With the vision I had, I saw as black figure rush towards the sustay. It was Andrew. I could not do more than gasp for air desperately and wait till my foggy vision got clear. My gasping became less and less as seconds passed by. I struggled to get up and ran towards the sustay and Andrew. The wound on my stomach was begging to become unbearable, but this wasn't time for me to quit. I had to help Andrew. A sudden rush of adrenaline kicked into my system when I remembered the Sustay's words.

Leaving so soon, sweat? I haven't gotten the chance to properly see you before I kill you."

I ran back towards the broken door and yanked a sharp piece of wood from the frame. Again, I ran towards the sustay Andrew batted with.

"Turn him over!" I yelled at Andrew. In one swift move the vampire threw the Sustay to the ground face down and I stabbed the wood into the man's heart.

I felt my body fall to the ground.

"She's bleeding out!" I heard Camila say and I look down. Andrew anxiously came to my side and pushed me back down to the floor gently. He ripped my shirt open.

"Oh my god," Andrew said. "You're a healer!" He yelled at Camila.  "Save her!" Tears began to run down his eyes. "She's dying Camila! What the hell are you doing there?! Come save her!"  Camila got up and I felt her cold hands come to contact with my skin.

"Don't...scream at her An-Andrew." I said almost breathlessly.

"Don't speak, Lauren." He said and turned back to Camila. "Do something now!" Andrew said through his teeth.

"I'm trying! It's not working!" Camila let out with a husky voice as she pressed harder on my abdomen, I let out a sharp scream.

I felt my eyes become heavy.

Time seemed to slow down as their voices became nearly audible to me, and then,  it all went completely dark.