Chapter 47: The Immensity of Love

Start from the beginning

I let my car heat up for a few minutes, before backing out of my spot, and leaving my apartment building.

I emerge onto the streets of Downtown Chicago, and the entire city is officially Christmas themed.

Christmas lights are hung up everywhere, there are Christmas trees set up, and stores have their Christmas sales in their windows.

Christmas is definitely one of the best holidays, if not the best holiday.

There is a light blanket of snow over The Windy City, and the city lights as well as streetlights are illuminating the streets.

The streets of Downtown are not too busy, as it is only Tuesday night, but they aren't completely bare either.

I drive past Trump Tower, and continue down the road.

I tap my steering wheel as I drive, hoping that I make it to the restaurant on time.

Chaunette, Patrick, and I agreed on around 6:00, and it's just after six.

Within a few minutes, I have reached the restaurant.

I can tell that it's fairly busy inside, and the fancy restaurant has Christmas lights set up in and around it.

It's one of the many nice restaurants in this part of Downtown.

I park my car, and turn off the ignition.

I then get out, and make my way to the entrance of the restaurant.

I can hear light jazz coming from inside, and I see well-dressed people chatting with one another through the windows.

I've been to this restaurant a few times, but I don't remember it all that well.

I swing open the door, and the warm air greets me, as well as the smell of good food.

This place is Italian, and Italian is one of my favorite types of food.

The sound of busy chatter grows louder as I make my way over to where the hostess is standing.

"How can I help you?" She asks, looking up at me.

She has short blonde hair, and is pretty short herself.

"I have a reservation for three. I believe it's under the last name, Toews." I say, smiling.

She nods, looking up at me.

"Of course. Right this way." She smiles, grabbing a menu as she walks.

I follow her through the crowded restaurant, and she leads me over to a circular table in the corner.

I notice Chaunette already sitting there, but Patrick isn't there yet.

Figures.

He always complains about people being late, but he's always the goof that's late, himself.

I thank the hostess, and walk over to the table.

"Hello Chaun." I say, smiling down at her.

She looks up at me from her chair.

Her blonde hair is curled, and she is wearing a black, three-quartered sleeve dress, with a pair of black high-heels.

"Jonathan!" She says, smiling.

She gets up, and hugs me for a moment.

I hug her back.

"Hey Chaun. You look nice." I laugh.

I sit down next to her, taking off my jacket as I do so.

"Thanks Jonathan. What a game last night!" Chaunette laughs, crossing her arms on the table.