Chapter Twenty Five

Yay new chapter :D

So it's hopefully longer than normal. Hopefully 3 pages at least, I was aiming for that anyway.

Dedication? I think I'll dedicate this to kacie27 for being a legend. I hope she reads this now :D

Oh! One more thing! On the last chapter I got the most comments from different people than I had ever got! 3 different people! It was amazing! It might not be much to some of you (cough cough Claudia ;) ), but it's a miracle for me! lol...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I locked the door and walked down the pavement, sighing. When I was younger I would have gone with my dad or mum to the park. We would play catch with a rugby ball or a tennis ball, or we would kick a football around. Sometimes we rode our bikes. That was back when I was normal.

I walked slowly down various roads, my headphones in and my mind deep in thought. A few people looked at me oddly but I ignored them. They weren't worth my time.

When I returned home, I felt satisfied with my walk. My legs weren't hurting and I sat down on the sofa, stretching my legs out. The only thing missing from it was Alex. I couldn't help but wish he was there with me, chatting and laughing. His presence gave a pleasant feeling to anything, his smile could light up a room... I sighed.

My relationship, whatever it may be, with him had gone too far. Nothing more could come from it. That was how things were and how they would always be. I was too messed up for anything more than just friends.

My phone buzzed and I picked it up, smiling at the text from Alex.

'So tired. Really shouldn't stay up all nite. How'd u do it?'

'Cos I'm magic :P' I replied, sending it and then putting the television on. I flicked through channels for a while, placing my phone on the table next to me. Some things I watched made me giggle, others were just so pathetic I didn't even pay them a second thought. I wasn't in the mood for anything serious, so anything that looked it was immediately changed.

I stayed in the same position for a while, watching different things and letting my mind wander. My thoughts never went to my phone, sat there silently buzzing on the table. I sat up suddenly as it vibrated loudly, jumping and looking around the room. When my eyes landed on the phone, I chuckled quietly, amused at how jumpy that little thing made me. I grabbed my phone and gasped. '17 messages' it flashed.

"All from Alex?" I murmured, my eyes widening as I saw I was correct. "Seriously?" I flicked through them all, sighing as I saw how they went.

'I know you are'

'Hello?'

'Scarlett?'

'Are you there?'

'Are you ok Scarlett?'

'Scarlett answer me'

'Your scaring me Scarlett'

'If you don't answer soon I'm going to cut class and come over'

'I'm serious Scarlett. Answer me'

'Scarlett where the hell are you?'

'I'm worried. Has someone hurt you?'

'Scarlett answer me'

'I'm coming over.'

'Please tell me if you're there'

'Are you hurt?

'Please answer me Scarlett'

'Pick up your phone'