Chapter Three

Hey!!!!!!!!!! Anyway I'm under quite a bit of stress atm cos all the teachers are going on about options, options, options. I think I know what I'm gonna do, but it's a huge deal and I don't wanna pick the wrong ones. :( Anyway I'll stop boring you so KEEP READING :)

You make me wanna die by the Pretty Reckless :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dear it's time to go to class" I jumped and looked up at her terrified. I quickly stood up and rushed past her, to my classroom. I went and sat at the back next to Peeta and Alex. I smiled at them and got out my book, dreading their reaction.

"You ok?" Alex asked. To anyone else it would have been such a normal question, but it had a secret meaning that only the three of us knew. I nodded and Alex turned to look at Peeta.

"Just leave it. I think we'd all prefer it if we acted like it didn't happen" she whispered. I nodded slightly and she saw. "So Scarlett do you wanna go to the park after school. Just me and Peeta are going." I smiled and nodded eagerly. I slid my phone out of my pocket and subtly texted my dad, telling him I would be late home because I was going to the park with some friends. I could imagine his face when he got it. He would probably be so excited for me. I realised I had a stupid smile of my face and quickly moved my hair over my face.

"Awesome. What do you have last period?" Alex said. I got out my planner and showed him. "Ahh the dreaded maths."

"Only you dread it cos your bad at it." she prodded him as he glared at her. "Scarlett's actually quite good at it.. We sit next to each other." she smiled triumphantly. I laughed while Alex attacked Peeta with his pencilcase.

"If you've quite finished?" the teacher said from the front. I blushed and began working, but Alex just laughed. Peeta nudged him to tell him to shut up. He did, and the rest of the lesson was uneventful. When we walked out, Peeta turned to Alex.

"You know if I get in trouble again this year, I'll get expelled." she slapped him and he gasped.

"And you know it's a new year right?" Alex smirked.

"It doesn't end until January" she whispered.

"I'm sorry I didn't know" he hugged her while I watched confused. Peeta pulled away and walked quickly down the corridor. Alex sighed. "I need to stop getting her into trouble" he muttered and walked off after her. I followed slowly. It seemed I wasn't the only one with a secret. I followed Alex into Drama. This was probably the lesson I was dreading the most. I walked in hesitantly and sat down at the back in a corner, so I wasn't noticed. Alex was sat in the other corner with Peeta, obviously trying to get her to stop ignoring him. It didn't seem to be working and they both took no notice of me. The teacher began to go on about the year ahead, and how it was an exciting experience for al of us. She was obviously new. Half of the class ignored her, but she didn't seem to notice. I pulled my hood further around my face and sat there, my eyes closed. I was tired, and that wouldn't change any time soon. Until the nightmares stopped, I'd never feel like everyone else. I felt myself drifting off and tried to wake up again, but it was no use. I was gone to the world of dreams.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Here's your food brats" he pushed two plates over to us. I waited for him to go so I could give it to Maddy. She would need it more than me. "Ah ah ah I'm not leaving until you eat it." that was odd. Did he know that I was giving food to Maddy? I hesitantly took a bite and he smiled. It was nice to have some whole food for once. I took another bite, and another, my hunger overtaking my sense of morality. My stomach began to hurt but I figured it was just my body finally recieving some food, even it was only a dry stale piece of bread. The dull ache grew and grew. I gasped, and he grinned as I realised what he had done. The food was poisoned. I grabbed Maddies bread and stuffed it into my mouth. The man scowled but then grinned again as writhed in pain on the ground. I couldn't breathe it hurt so much.