Denouement (Ending 2 contd)

I swear I must have been stone deaf when I woke up. Wait, how did Rosh get in here? How did I not know that he was lying so close, snoring in my ears. His grip was so threatening that I couldn't move too much. I managed to turn to the other side in order to grab the diary I was writing in. The pen fell out as I lifted it and tried to open it. My breath hitched as I recognized Rosh's handwriting on a page. I could feel my heartbeat hammering in my ear as I set about reading what he had written.

"To the love of my life,

I can never be a good husband or an exemplary father. For all the flaws on my part, I apologize with my entire being. This creature you see lying next to you has been a wreck since you walked out of our home. That move although painful was absolutely necessary. He hasn't hungered, thirsted or slept. If you will, spare him the last opportunity of letting you wake up in his arms.

You will wake up with a ringing sensation in your ears, I apologize for that as well. That is why I chose to write to you instead of letting my words fall on 'deaf' ears. Give me one more chance, Nikki.

Love,

The worst human being EVER.

P.S....Call me 'Rosh'. "

The ink was smudged near his name.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N This ending was added just to give you, the readers, your liberty to decide the direction the story must take. It was just a personal feeling that Ending 1 was a tad too much like those of the traditional Romance novels. By adding this ending, it is just an honest attempt to reinforce the satirical and hopefully realistic nature of my novel. 

By this ending  I feel that Rosh and Nikki don't have the option of living a candyfloss life replete with joys of every kind. It is up to you, the reader to decide whether they get to continue staying married or decide to get divorced. The author has no final say in this regard by being true to the literary tradition of 'Death of the Author'. I hope you will continue to read and offer your views on all my pieces. 

I thank all those readers who have supported me with their comments, likes and feedback both negative and positive. 

Truly, 

@AgentOxyMoron 

-----------------

Rosh and Nikki are back in action. Follow their story with 'Sutures'. Trust me, its not an easy ride ahead.