To End A Happy Day

Roshan's POV

We left Cafe Pritchard just as the singer finished Stevie Wonder's 'I Just Called To Say I Love You'. For some reason, I liked the song. Monica was testing me rather discreetly. I like her, absolutely. She's interesting, there's no denying that!

Must I also add that she looked quite pretty in that mini-dress. Those curls were just great! The two of us were busy chatting as we exited the premises. It didn't bother me how close she stood or how both her hands held onto my right arm. Her curls were bouncing as we walked to the car. I must admit, I couldn't focus on the conversation one bit. She had such beautiful brown eyes!

She sighed as she settled on the passenger's seat. I pulled the seat belt across my torso. "You know what?' she asked. "Nope, not a clue" I responded, looking deep into those twinkling eyes."Monica is just too formal." she responded. "Let's call you Nikki, or something like that!" I said. "Nikki, hmmm..Sounds nice." she chimed. She turned to me with a smile, her expression turned grim almost instantly. I swallowed hard. Was I ruining things? She took a deep breath and looked me in the eye. "What are we doing, Rosh?" she asked slowly. I had no answer. She was lovely. That gaze was unbearably inviting, those brown orbs brimmed with an infectious, pulsating energy. She was growing restless and so was I.  How I wanted to take all of the moment! I moved closer to look clearly into her eyes, unabashedly declaring my immense attraction towards her. I became aware of the heat that welded our passions, her fingers grasped the collar of my shirt and tugged me closer. And here I was, kissing a woman for the first time in my life! It was difficult to explain what exactly I was feeling simply because I had never felt this way before. I didn't want it to end. Why was I moaning? What was that feverish, dizzying feeling in my head. She released me even as I refused to loosen my embrace. 

There was a mixture of amusement and surprise on her face. She was blushing deep red. I bet I was, too!

"May I?" I whispered into her ear. "What are you waiting for?" she mouthed, her voice growing sultry. It was a simple, sweet little kiss that blossomed into a full fledged French kiss. Her fingers kneaded through my hair, pressing gently against the tender scalp. I needed to snap out of this all consuming delirium before I lost all control of myself. I gently pried her away from my face and shot a glance at the free backseat. She covered her mouth in shock, masking an audible gasp. 

Slapping me gently across the cheek, she giggled and teased, "Already on your way to take my challenge, huh?". I feigned pain and rubbed my cheek vigorously. For the rest of the journey, the radio played on. She hummed a few lyrics occasionally and my eyes never left the road.

I think we just needed to give each other more time. It was a great night and I sure didn't want to spoil things.