Chapter 5 | care

Home, 7:00 AM

Home, 7:00 AM

The aftermath has to be the worse part, Solána thought as she looked at her face in the mirror.

Her top lip was busted, and there was dried up blood under her nose. Her eyes were watering and one of her eyes was pink. Last night she dragged her tired body to her personal bathroom and just passed out. There was cold blood on the bathroom floor, and she didn't even want to look at the dark scars and the new bruises on her body.

There was silence throughout the house as she cleaned her face.

Central High School, 9:30 AM

Where is she?

They didn't have many classes together, the classes they did have together she was absent. He didn't see her in the halls during passing time. Then again she was kind of short. They had lunch together, maybe Bryson could ask Jacob if he had seen her, they shared more classes.

Something just didn't feel right, at all.

Why was Bryson worrying about some random girl? Besides that, she was a bitch. She couldn't even look him in the eyes while he talked to her, for God's sake.

So why did he care?

Lunch, 12:30 PM

"WADDUP BRY-SONN." Jacob yelled as Bryson made his way over to his table.

Bryson rolled his eyes at Jacob. "Wat it do, fool?" Tony gave Bryson a lop-sided smile.

Bryson nodded his head, acknowledging them and sat down. "Have you seen that girl today, Jacob?" Bryson said.

Jacob looked up from his applesauce. He looked amused, "If I did?" Bryson smacked his lips, "I just want to carry out the bet."

"What bet." Tony said with a mouth full of burger.

"CLOSE YOUR MOUTH." Jacob yelled with a mouth full of food.

"Would y'all fruity ass niggas stop?" Bryson said, slapping Jacob and Tony on the back of their necks.

"Damn, who pissed in yo cereal this morning Bry-sonn?" Jacob said laughing, soon Tony joined in.

"Why do I even bother.." Bryson muttered to himself.

Central High School: Parking Lot, 3:15 PM

In the parking lot, Bryson, Jacob, Tony, Tony's girlfriend, Renee and her minions all talked and laughed around Bryson's car. Bryson suddenly stopped laughing and got serious, Jacob noticed.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just thinking about stuff." Bryson said trying to brush him off.

"You thinking about ole' girl." Jacob paused, "She wasn't in any of my classes. If you really think something happened to her ask Renee, you know she know everything about everyone."

Renee turned toward Bryson and Jacob, "What."

"Bryson wanted to know if yo-" Jacob began, "Nigga I got it," Bryson cut him off.

"Have you seen , the new girl around, big hair, brown skin-"

"Eh her? That bitch.. No I haven't seen her around and hope I never run into her again." Renee replied.

Bryson looked in Renee's eyes and then he looked to the ground, "Weird."