Chapter 4 | not okay

Home, 8:00 PM

Home, 8:00 PM

Solána sighed as she put her keys on the key holder that was on the hallway leading to the kitchen. She was hungry. Solána opened the refrigerator and got milk out. Then went to the sink and washed out a bowl and a spoon. She then placed her dishes on the counter and ran to the bathroom to get the stool and used that to get the Reese's Puffs from the top of the refrigerator.

__

As Solána sat on her bed eating her cereal she heard the front door open and slam. She quickly put her cereal on her stand next to her bed and closed her door as quiet as possible. As she sat on her bed, she could her his heavy boots stomp down the hall.

Past the bathroom.

Past the living room.

Past her room.

To the kitchen.

SHIT, she should have figured he'd want dinner, you could tell by his loud groan that he was mad and very disappointed that Solána hadn't mad him anything to eat. Solána tensed as she heard something glass be thrown on a wall and his footsteps rushing toward her door.

Solána's door flew off it's hinges.

__

Bryson had made it home by 5:00, since Jacob wanted to tag along with him to Oscar's, a ice cream and burger restaurant. Afterwards, Bryson dropped Jacob off at home. Jacob lived in a huge brown house, where, himself, his mother, his 2 sisters, and his baby brother. Jacob's father was back in Mexico, Jacob and his siblings would visit him every summer. Jacob's mother was a small little thing, but don't let that fool you.

She was mean.

Even though she only spoke Spanish, Bryson had a feeling she hated him and always expressed this to Jacob.

Bryson's father, Derek was waiting for him as he walked in, "Finally, you're here, I thought you got out at 3:00?" Derek began putting his coat on while berating him. After Bryson came home from school, Derek would use the car to drive to work, he worked graveyard shift and had to drive nearly 2 hours to get to work, 5 days of the week.

"Sorry, I had a burger with Jacob." Bryson dismissed walking past him.

Derek smacked his lips, said bye and left.

As Bryson sat on the couch watching That 70's Show, he began to think about certain girl, with large hair, big lips, and smooth chocolate skin. Bryson smirked, he was going to make her fall head over heels for him.

Or would it be the other way around?