Chapter V ✔

Alexander's POV [Edited]

In my life, I've seen many kinds of girls. Like many. There are the leech girls who just stick to you like there's no tomorrow and personally, these kinda girls annoy the hell out of me unless they have some really sexy body to turn me on. Then there are the shy away girls who behave like they have just teleported themselves from the fifteenth century. Silly as fuck. And then, these are my favorite kind, the playing-hard-to-get kind of girls. They have so much to offer but they love playing games. And that's hot.

But this girl, Mia Turner. Looking at her makes me feel that I've just encountered a new species of female.

As a guy, I'll admit that she is attractive, in the I don't know about it way. Her brown hair cascades over her shoulders like a silk cover and her eyes have to be the most deep shade of brown ever known to mankind. Honestly, she's not extraordinary but different somehow.

She doesn't even get intimidated by my presence and I'd admit that it hurt my ego.

Mia looks completely calm as she coolly matches my gaze. I can sense the challenge in her eyes and it makes me grin.

Interesting.

I lean closer and closer, because in the past twenty minutes that I've known her, from what I have made out is that the only time she gets flustered is by intimacy. As expected, I feel her tense up but makes sure not to move a muscle. "You'll regret going against me, baby." I taunt and do the best thing ever.

I tickle her.

Mia jumps up by a feet, mainly by surprise I'm sure, hitting my arms in the process. Her sweet laughter resonates in my ear. Wait. Did I just say sweet laughter? Did Mom put something in my Lasagna today because I refused to clean the toilet?

"A-Alex!!" Mia screeches in between laughter and does it sound funny if I say that I wanted her to say my name again?

Yup. It did sound funny.

"Hah! I got ya." I say in triumph as I tickle her sides. Josh tries to stop me but I ignore him. I'm enjoying myself immensely. Call me Cruel, I don't give a shit. If someone takes what's mine, it's very well their Doomsday.

"St-stop it, you... you jerk!" Mia yells so loudly it almost makes my brain explode into two.

"Yeah, man, stop it." Josh pleads. I suddenly wonder if I'm taking it too far because her pale face has taken this unattractive shade of red and tears dotted her eyes. Finally I stop doing what I'm doing.

I see as Mia catches her breath before she whips her head to my side. Woah... If looks could kill, by now I would have been in the hands of Heaven. Or hell, whatever. She looks like something on the border of a banshee and Snow White.

"I-I hate you!" Mia yells at me and shortly after that I feel a sharp pain shoot through my head. I hiss, shutting my eyes, and clutch my head. It takes me a moment to realize that Mia had hit my head like I was a block of wood.

That freaking hurt. Physically and mentally. Honestly, never had a girl before told me, Alex Richards, that she hated me. And never had I even imagined that a girl would go all King Kong on me. No matter how much ever a jerk to them. That hurt my ego.

I hadn't even realised that she started shedding tears. Oh man. Was my tickling really that hard? Technically, I should be the one crying because it felt like a lightning bolt was left loose in my head and yet, here she is, crying like a damsel in distress.

Josh pulls Mia into his arms and a pang of something hits my chest. Huh? Maybe the karate move has bonkered my head.

Nonetheless, I see Josh stroking Mia's brown hair and softly whispering things in her ear, making her nod or shake her head, in Josh's chest.

"Stop overreacting," I drawl. "It was just a teensy, peensy tickling."

Josh gives me a glare over Mia's head and interacts with me through his eyes, Well? Wouldn't you saying something, you heartless jerk?

Heartless Jerk. Yeah, right.

After so many years of being together me and Josh could communicate through mere expressions. Perks of being best friends.

I ask Josh (through my look), What should I say, you worthless friend!?

Then he gives me his famous, rolling eyes 'duh' look. Sorry, of course! Isn't that common sense?

Okaaay... so now I have to apologize. And how do you do that? Don't judge me but I have never apologized to a girl before. My mom of course. But never a girl my age. Girls always surround me and pamper me and fall all over me so what was the need for apologizing.

The only apologizing I do is after a one night stand. Sorry, but it was just a fling.

I can't help if the girl takes things way too seriously. I'm Alexander Richards and I don't do relationships. That's my motto.

So apologizing is out of question. But I give it a shot anyway, partially because I can't handle the slurp! slurp! sound of Mia's nose and partially because the looks Josh, the ever and forever gentleman, is passing me clearly shows that he wants to castrate me this very instant.

"So, uhm..." I fidget. Hey! It wasn't in my nature to fidget! See? Again a new side of me. "I'm sorry?" It comes out more like a question, doesn't it?

She is silent at first. Then very slowly she turns around and then I notice the huge smirk, that can be seen from Mars, forming on her lips. "Aha!" Mia exclaims.

It takes me a moment to grasp this unique smirk. My eyes widens.

I have been set up!

Josh is laughing loudly and they both did a high-five. "Oh man, that was hilarious!" Mia cries ecstatically. She wiggles her hips and does a little dance on the seat. "I, Mia Turner, made Alexander Richards apologize. EPIC!"

I give out a breath of annoyance. I should've known. This girl would never cry. This girl is the human version of a fox. Cunning and sly.

"Well, well, Alexander." Mia says teasingly. "The backseat is all yours."

I roll my eyes but get in the backseat nonetheless. "You'll pay for it,'' I tell her but she just shrugs. That nerve of hers.

Mia and Josh chat the whole way like best buds, ignoring me completely. Not like I cared.

There were times I notice Mia suddenly turning bright red or fidgeting with a shy smile when Josh says something flirtatious.

Oh.

I should've guessed.

Mia Turner has a thing for Josh.

I know this is not something unique because half the female population is over Josh Mayor (oh, and the rest is mine) but to me this is an accomplishment.

I smirk to myself. I found her weak point.