Mistrial: Part One

Olivia was sitting at her desk filling out a DD-5 for the recently closed case. It had been a lazy day at the precinct. All anyone was doing was paperwork and discussing the jailbirds with defense and district attorneys.
Throughout the whole day, one DA stood out amongst the others. Trevor Langan. He was new and had already accumulated over half of the NYPD's female populations' phone numbers. Judging from the stolen looks and side glances, he was very attractive. Not only was he tall and dreamy, he was smart. Out of 3 years with his own company, only 12% of his clients were incarcerated. He was damn good in the courtroom. Olivia wandered off in thought; fantasizing about other rooms he would be the alpha in. She was extracted from her mind when she hard a knock on her desk.

"Yo, Liv. I'm heading out." Fin leaned in towards her and spoke. "By the way: that new guy, Langan, was wanting you to drop by his office before you went home. He's got the hots for ya, baby girl." I chuckled.

"Thanks, Fin." I said, still laughing at his observation. "I'll see you tomorrow. Get some rest."
~~~~~~<•>~~~~~~
It was another two or three hours before Olivia decided to leave and go home. After all, it was merely eight o'clock. She remembered the invite to Trevor's office as she walked up to her car. Olivia had memorized the way to the building within the last few days, seeing how she was always there talking with him about the case. It had always been just that. The whole time he had been at the precinct, every time they met with Alex to discuss the trial, it was always business with this guy. He may have been hotter than jalapeño peppers covered in cayenne powder, but he never seemed to relax. When Liv arrived at Henshall & Langan, she went straight to Trevor's office like she had been going there for years. Olivia approached his door hesitantly, waiting for an excuse to scurry back down to the lobby. As she stood fighting an internal battle outside his cubicle, Langan opened the door. Surprised, she gasped and turned to face the six-foot man.
"It's nice to see you, Detective Benson. Please, come in." He spoke.

"Um. Thanks, Trevor. Can I call you Trevor?" She was acting like a giddy schoolgirl finally talking to her first crush. Rushing her sentences and slurring words. She sat down in a chair across form his desk. If Trevor didn't know any better, he'd say she was drunk. He looked at her, taking in her abundance of beauty. As he was staring, he forgot to answer her question.
"Mr.Langan?" She tried to get his attention. "Hey! Trevor?" By now his eyes had wandered down to her chest, outlining her curves.
Olivia practically yelled her next words.
"Trevor! My eyes are up here!" She laughed, pointing to her face and he abruptly averted his gaze back above her shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Olivia. I-um I apologize. that was completely uncalled for." She laughed again, loudly this time. He noticed how contagious and consuming her laughter was, and started chuckling to himself.

"Don't worry about it, Langan. You're not the only one." Liv said with a smirk. Her demeanor had changed from nervous to sultry. And Trevor took note of that.

"I didn't want to bring you here to talk about business, Olivia. I was actually wondering if you wanted to go out for drinks sometimes. I know-" She stopped him.

"Yeah, we all know. Conflict of interest. I've dealt with it before." Trevor raised a brow, signaling his peaked interest. She shook her head as if to say 'I'd rather not talk about it'.

"Actually, I was going to say that I knew you had just gotten out of a relationship with that reporter guy. But there's that too, I guess." He stated.

"To be completely honest, Trevor, you are one of the last people I would want to get a drink with." She said, teasing him. He looked confused and furrowed his brows. "I'm joking, Langan. Ever heard of that?"

"How 'bout we get that drink?" He asked, hoping she would accept.

"Sounds nice. Just make sure I don't go overboard." She stated, making him aware of her tendencies to keep 'em coming after the first few.
They walked together out of his office and through the building until they reached the lobby. Trevor had took a cab to work this morning, so they rode in Olivia's car. On the way to the bar it was surprisingly silent. But soon enough there would be plenty to talk about.
~~~~~~<•>~~~~~~
A/N: I just wanted to post this first part of the one-shot tonight to make up for the shortage of my last story's chapter. Hope you enjoy! ❤️
~Haley🍃