Chapter 15

Talia hung in the middle of a cold and damp cell by her arms, her wrists bound to metal cuffs tied to a chain which was tied to the cieling. Her arms no longer burned since they had gone numb,but it did not stop her heart from aching.

Her head hung, as if covering her face with her hair would be able to hide the evident tears that leaked down her face. She could not longer feel her hunger, but she was greatful to get the small ammount of water and food each day, although she wondered why they bothered; she would die anyway, she was already sentenced to death.

Her cell door opened, and the cuffs were released from the chains, causing her to fall to the ground.

"Get up." A gruff voice commanded and she slowly did as she was told, stumbling. "We're going to the excecution grounds." He said and she nodded solemly. As she was dragged by the arm, each person she passed in the halls looked at her in pity and sadness.

Soon she stood in front of a contraption, the entire village before her. Tuli and Haru stood in the front, crying.

She was attached to it, a blade over her neck. "Tuli, don't forget about what I told you." She said softly and Tuli sobbed louder. "If love does that I don't want it!"She exclaimed, though the others could not hear her, but Talia heard . "This is a one time thing, but I'm happy to die here, if it means that he can be relieved of pain that I caused." She said and looked over at Haru. "You make friends, okay? Don't be shy, they'll accept you, and always try your hardest to be nice, okay?" She whispered and he nodded. She gave them a smile, hoping that it came out right and looked at the blade above her neck.

She knew she only had a limited ammount of time, though she knew that it was for the best. She had remembered what she had asked of Sakura though she was rethinking it foroughly.

"Sakura, may I ask you a favour?" Talia asked as they were walking towards the Sand Village, though quite a ways away. "Of course." Sakura smiled sweetly. "If..... If I die..... Don't tell Gaara anything....... Not about how it was a lie, not how I'll still love him even in my last moments......... Keep him in the dark..... But if he starts to get really bad and won't believe in love again..... Give him this letter. I don't want him to grieve, but if it's the only way for him to be truly happy once again, I'm willing to sacrifice it for a short period of time. Hopefully it won't come to that." Sakura nodded sadly, taking the letter that was outsretched towards her.

She sighed, hoping that what she did was right; to keep him in the dark. But it would only bring pain if he knew that. He'd blame himself for her death and lock himself away from anyone, and she had been careful while writing the letter, making sure that there was no evidence that she didn't want to die yet, and that she only went along with it to save him pain.

She closed her eyes, feeling a slight gust of wind blow past her, and then an explosion. Her eyes snapped open and she saw men in the air, all looking threatening.

She swallowed thickly.

They all started attacking the ninja, even the Leaf Shinobi. Three of them were running towards Gaara, all at an extremely fast speed.

"Water Style: Twin Dragon Jutsu!" One of them shouting, hitting some of Gaara's sand, making it too heavy for the Kazekage to control.

Her eyes widened. Speed and water, his only weaknesses. Using an escape jutsu, she managed to get out of the contraption and started sprinting towards where thwy were fighting.

Gaara was kicked several times by an opponent too quick to see.

Just as another was about to kick using a Water Style, she jumped in front and kicked him square in the jaw with so much force that he flew back into the building across from it.