Chapter 14

As promised, Talia left quietly with the Konoha ninja who were bringing her back, which consisted of Naruto, Sakura, Sai and Kakashi. The trip was tiring, but Talia was still able to keep up with the ninja, and they didn't have her bound by rope until they came into view of the village.

They passed by the guards, who looked taken aback at how much of a mess she was. She merely gave them a sad smile before being pushed further into the village.

People had begun flooding the streets, and she had to hold back tears as memories started to flood her mind.

"Isn't that Lady Talia?!"

"I though she was dead!"

"Ha. What a mess. She deserves worse than that; after what she did to Lord Gaara."

"I'm so glad! But what'll happen to her?"

Voice kept speaking, some sad, others victorious. Her eyes met Tuli's and Haru's, and a tear fell from her eye when she saw how devastated they looked. Tuli was downright sobbing, while Haru was trying to, hold back the many tears that wanted to pour, some falling.

It broke her heart at how much pain she had caused, none of it willingly.

Gaara should've let them kill me; then all of these people and him himself wouldn't be hurt. It's all my fault. She thought, grief stricking her heart. Even so, she couldn't feel any hatred towards the Akatsuki nor to Gaara or the Hidden Leaf. The only hatred she felt was against herself.

"Kill me." She whispered to Sakura, who stared at her in shock. "W-What? No!" She exclaimed and tears streamed down the black haired girl's cheeks. "Please...... kill me. It's the only way that I don't have to feel this pain...... I don't want to see him....... hating me....." She pleaded, a soft sob errupting from her throat. Sakura glance worriedly at Kakashi. "Kakashi-sensei....." She whispered and he looked over at her. "She...... wants me to kill her....." She explained with creasing eyebrows. His only visible eye widened and he looked down at the woman who was stumbling in front of him, head hung low and tears streaming from her eyes.

He sighed. The Kazekage palace came into view, and Temari as well as Kankuro stood in front of the doors, both wearing worried expressions mixed in with pity. "Kill me....." She kept muttering that phrase, and they heard her, eyes widening.

The two sand ninja noticed how glum the usually beaming leaf shinobi were, and they knew why; and their moods were hitting zero as well.

A woman with hip length green hair and brown eyes appeared, and recieved a glare from Temari.

She surpressed a smirk as she saw Talia in shambles. "Lord Gaara will see you now." She said and they all followed her all the way towards the Kazekage office, each step more dreaded than the last. Then finally the most dreaded step arrived when the door to the office opened.

Gaara sat in his chair, and he looked up from his paper, eyes narrowing and a hateful glare plastering itself on his face. The woman went and stood next to Gaara, a strange glint in her eyes.

He looked over at the Leaf Ninja with no expression. "I'll get Asumi here to get your reward." He replied, and Talia flinched at the tone in his voice; it was icy, laced with venom, hatred, and satisfaction.

Someone slammed their fist on the desk and Talia bit her lip, trying to hold her tears. "We don't want the stinkin' reward! Get your act together, Gaara!" Naruto shouted, quite angry. He disliked how quickly Gaara would stop caring for someone, and let them succumb to cruelty. The green haired woman slapped him, glaring and standing in front of the redhead protectively. "Do not speak to him in such manner." She seethed and only then did Naruto noticed her presence. "How're you?" He asked skeptically, and she smirked. "I am Lord Kazekage's right hand man, or, woman." She replied and Temari's glare intensified.

Talia only shook, silently weeping. There was a time when she would've stood by his side like Asumi, but that time had passed, and would never again return.

"Asumi, Temari; bring her to the dungeons." He replied boredly and the two women exited, pulling the black haired woman along with them.

"I'm disapointed in you, Gaara." Naruto said glumly, walking out the door and slamming it shut behind him. Hearing those words from his only friend hurt, but he acted unnafected. She deserved it after all that she'd done. The other leaf shinobi gave silent sighs and looked at him the same way Naruto did, and then walked away, leaving only Kankuro. The elder brother felt horrible for the girl he had once called family, the one who had changed his younger brother for the better, but then pushed him back to the begining. To the one who could not love, who only believed in hatred and violence.

Not saying anything, he left, leaving Gaara to himself. He smirked.

She will regret ever tricking him.