By the time he removed the belt from around her waist he was pretty much a goner.

It creeped up on him. He didn't know what to do with it. He didn't know how it came to be that he looked at her and all he thought about was kissing her. Kissing her a lot. Kissing her till she couldn't breathe and till her legs started to shake so badly that she couldn't even think.

And when she stood before him in just her underwear, he almost wished she had been just a little more stubborn so that he could admire the way her stomach curved gently over her hips.

"You're really making me do this?" She smiled up at him- he could see she was embarrassed. There was just something so.... It fucking bothered him.

It's not like he hadn't undressed her before. But it was always hurried and frazzled and he was sure he never bothered to take the time to just look at her. But this was slow and careful and when he undressed her, he actually looked at her. He saw every freckle and every spot and every curve of her body. He felt every curve of her body.

"Sleep in your underwear or sleep in a nightie. Choose."

Underwear.

Underwear.

Underwear.

She shook her head but lifted her arms all the same, allowing him to slide the silky material reluctantly down her arms and over her head and when the material settled over her hips, he couldn't help but smooth his hands over her waist as if to iron out any wrinkles.

"Done." He stepped away from her, praying she hadn't noticed the way his hands lingered on her hips for just a little too long.

"Wait." She caught hold of his hand.

"What?"

"Will you do me a favour?" She asked, looking down at their enjoined hands.

"What now?"

"Just..."

Why wouldn't she just ask him? She was fucking killing him with her lipstick. Why the fuck did she have to wear pink?

"What?"

"Just for five minutes, let's pretend that I love you and that you love me." She squeezed his hand just a little tighter, "Please."

"Mum." She walked hurriedly past Jannat's room, trying hard not to glance at the light wooden door. "Mum, are you here?"

The house was... dead.

"Dad?" She called, feeling frantic as she walked past all the doors of the empty rooms around her.

It was only 4 days. They couldn't have left her and gone away. They just couldn't have.

"Mum?" She shouted once again, praying she was wrong as she ran down the stairs. " Mum? Mummy!"

But no one answered. No one answered because no one was there.

Or maybe they were just sleeping. Maybe they were tired and they were resting. Maybe their door was closed and they couldn't hear her.

"Mum?" She was running through the house now. Knowing they were there. They couldn't be those parents. They couldn't be those parents that left her. "Mum, please answer me." She felt the bottoms of her skirt swish along her legs as she ran faster towards their room. "Mum!"

They were there. They were there.

"Mum?"

Her voice came out as barely a whisper in front of their opened door.