Chapter Fourteen

I was jolted awake by the plane touching the ground a couple of hours after falling asleep and proceeded to peak out the window curiously. We had landed on a strip on top of what seemed to be a mountain, or at least a very large hill. Surrounding said mountain was a dense forest of elder, cedar, pines and maple trees.

I felt excitement building in my body as I unbuckled my seat belt, glancing around to see if Nicholas was close by but seeing he wasn't.

Grabbing my bag I nearly sprinted out of the plane cabin, if it weren't for the mass of bodies moving towards the exit already I would have been the first one out the door.
But seeing as everyone else was just as excited as I was I trudged behind them, spotting Nicholas just a few people ahead of me and smiling at him.
He looked nervous.

I shrugged and continued to marvel at the scenery as I descended the steps of the plane, to my left, below the hill was a large blue lake, just beyond that I could see the wall that I had been told about.
As I swung my head back towards the right my eyes stopped on the scene unfolding.

I was oblivious to the murmurs and grunts of those behind me while I stopped mid step, my mouth dropping open and cold anger spreading through my body.

On the ground, not even 10 meters away from where I stood in the steps was Nicholas.
I had heard a high pitched squeal of delight and seen a tall, blond beauty sprint towards him and jump in to his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist and planting a very, very long kiss on his lips while entangling her fingers in his long hair.
"I missed you baby!" The she devil squealed and I saw red.
-
- -
- - -
- - - -
- - - - -
- - - - - -
- - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

"What. The. Fuck!" I growled, as I was completely shocked at the feeling of jealousy and betrayal that bubbled up inside the pit of my stomach.
The murmurs of the others hit me then, loudly.

"She didn't know about Lucy?"
"Oh Alpha's done it this time!"
"Poor girl, I hope she's ok"

I snarled as I pushed past the mass of people, glaring at the female latched on to my mates neck and sending a death stare at Nicholas before I dropped my bag on the ground and shifted while bolting in to the woods.

"Leah! Ahnung wait!" I heard his voice call out to me but I was blinded by pain and rage and didn't stop. I ran as fast as I could, winding through thick groves of trees and berry bushes, it seemed as if I was going down hill but I couldn't tell.

Why would he bring me here? Who was she! What the hell had just happened!
A whine escaped my throat as the pain became even more intense in my wolf form, forcing me to slow my pace until I was stumbling through the brush and finally stopped, crawling in to a hollow tree trunk and curling up in to a whimpering ball of fur. The bond wailed and howled in pain as my mind tried to wrap it's self around what had just happened.

Had I been rejected? But he had seemed so keen...I didn't understand!

After what seemed like hours I lifted my head, I could hear them searching for me, but my scent was masked somewhat by the damp earth and bark of the tree I was hiding in.

I needed to get out of here. I needed to keep going, finding another way. Gaia only knew why she did these things, perhaps it was destiny that my bloodline ended with me...

I slowly got to my feet, my legs shaking from the intense feeling of pain I was experiencing.

With my head low I took a step outside the tree and was about to begin walking when I head a deep whimper behind me.

Turning to see an unfamiliar wolf with a familiar scent I tilted my head in confusion. Damn it. I couldn't communicate with anyone since I was not actually a part of the pack. Another pang of jealousy and loneliness pierced me, making me whimper.

The wolf began to shift and soon Eric stood before me, stark naked.
I lowered my eyes and whined, hearing him chuckle as he rustled about. "Ok, I'm all decent Red. I even brought a shirt for you." He tossed the large garment towards me and turned around, now wearing a pair of gym shorts, and nothing else.
Pah! Decent my ass.

I quickly shifted and tugged on the shirt, which reached about mid thigh and made me extremely self conscious.
"What do you want Eric..."
I said quietly. Standing stiffly with my arms hanging at my sides.

He turned and moved towards me, and without hesitation crushed me in to a tight hug.
"Nick's a total asshole for the way he treated you. Everyone else thinks so too if that's any consolation. If Rosie were awake she'd tan his hide, alpha or not."

I smiled weakly and slumped against him. "I don't understand Eric, I mean, he was being so...ugh! And anyway who the hell was that back there? And don't say his sister because sisters don't smooch like that!" I said angrily and huffed in frustration.

I could feel my eyes stinging with unshed tears and I growled. Like hell I was going to cry for some two faced, no good ass hat a day after meeting him. Mate or not.

"I thought, we all thought he had told you about Lucy...see, our pack oracle had a vision a few years ago where it showed him mateless...everyone was lead to believe his mate had died before meeting him, or would die before meeting him. I'm guessing somehow it has something to do with the attack on your people. You weren't supposed to survive Red...I think the odds were so small that Gaia showed Silver that Nick would be left mateless. So he gave up after a while...he searched and searched but eventually his hope just ran out...and Lucy has been one of his best friends since they were kids I guess, she lost her mate in a battle, I wasn't here back then but from what I know they kind of fell in to this romance slash partnership of sorts, he asked her to marry him 4 months ago...the wedding was supposed to be around christmas time. None of us knew about you..." Eric scratched his head nervously and glanced down at me.

I stood in shock, unable to process the gazillion thoughts that were pounding away at my brain. I guess it made sense, every pack needed a Luna at some point. And an oracles visions were rarely wrong.

But it pained me so much to have seen them together, why wouldn't he tell me? Why wouldn't he tell her? I needed time to think...I needed space. Where dis this leave me? Us?

"Come back with me, please Red. One day, that's all I'm asking. If you aren't convinced I'll escort you where ever you want to go myself. Nick pulled a dick move bringing you here like that. You didn't deserve it...but at least come back and let him try to sort this all out."

I sighed and looked in to his eyes, pondering my answer.

"I don't know Eric, I din't know if I can..."

***********************************
Ohai!!

Well! How many of you were expecting that? Honestly!

Tsk tsk tsk naughty Nick!

Do you think he deserves a chance? Do you think Leah is willing to give him one?
Maybe she's better off on her own...

If you liked this chapter please don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

And can I take a moment to say WOW YOU GUYS ROCK! Over 400 reads!!!! You are amazing!!!
I love you all!

Sorry for the late update, between pregnancy hormones and work and family I've been kind of pooped lately. And since this whole book is being written on a teeny cell phone touch screen it's a bit slower than it would be on a computer! Oh well!

Anyway, much love as always!!
Xoxo
BB