Chapter 8- Back on Track Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

Lanie is sitting in front of me whispering to the girl with cool shoes from lunch. "Two minutes and  thrirty four seconds." Wrong. It's two minutes and forty two seconds.

"Why are you so excited? It's just track." The girl leans in closer to Lanie and shakes her head in mock annoyance.

"JUST track? Are you SERIOUS!" Lanie shouts louder than she probably meant, grinning and sticking her tongue out a little at the brunette and I smile a little along with everyone who heard.

The whole class turns to stare at Lanie before breaking into laughter. She doesn't look phased at how loud she shouted that; instead, she laughs slightly. 

The brunette rolls her eyes and starts packing her books up even though their is still a minute left of class.

"Settle down, class. Lanie, we all know your views on running, no need to shout." The elderly teacher smiles kindly at Lanie who smiles back brightly.

"Well did you hear what she said?" Lanie exclaims loudly in outrage drawing laughter from the class again."No, but I'm sure it was some horrifying attack on track. Am I right?" She raises one thin eyebrow at Lanie who bites her lip, eyes sparkling as the bell rings loudly.

Both girls let out a small squeal and practically jump up out of their seat making an amused smile grace my lips. Lanie is in a few of my classes, such as this elective, creative writing and she seems to have major mood swings. First, she's over the top happy and then irrationally rude. No one seems to mind though; they're eating it right up.

I get out of my seat slowly, passing by the door and out into the hallway passing by different people to get to my locker, which is on the second floor. There are girls who look like they want to kill me right on the spot, guys who look like they want to pick a fight with me, tall skinny girls who look like they are disgusted with me and of course, plenty of boys who are winking at me and girls who are smiling at me.

It's time to see what makes track so exciting. It's just running right?" I stop by my locker almost smashing into a boy who's leaning against it. "Excuse me. I just need to get my stuff real quick." I say gently to his turned back and he shifts slightly, not moving an inch away from the locker.He starts fingering a baseball cap instead. "Hey, excuse me. I need my stuff. Can you move?"

He turns around slowly and I gasp in confusion and shock staring at the brown hair. "You're- why are you-and how are you- your hair!" I finally spit out before biting my lip.

"Do you like it? I was getting a little tired of the black." Chase smirks fingering his once black hair before breaking into a giant grin. "Surprise! Dom sent me to help you. He says you're not in enough classes with her and the threat has kicked up a notch. Seems as if we need someone on her at all times." He gives me a serious look fingering the baseball cap in a nervous habit type of way. "And hey, you owe me. He was going to send Conner, but I begged him to let me come instead. If you mess up though, we're both out and he's going to put Conner in. Alone." Chase shudders and I nod in agreement. Conner is just the type to soak that all up. If he guards her alone than he can take all the credit alone.I'm speechless for a minute before quickly breaking out of it, reaching over and capturing him in a giant hug. 

I can almost hear Dom's voice in my head. Come on, Julianne. Have you forgotten rule 4 so easily? Rule 4- Pay attention so that you're never surprised. 

I give Chase one last squeeze before reluctantly letting him go to grab my books out of my locker. "When are you starting school, Chase?" I ask him still unable to wipe the grin off my face. This way I won't have to wait ages to see him again during school hours. Chase and I always did work better as a team, although we aren't usually put together. Must be because of that building we set on fire on our first mission. Ok, fine maybe there were more than one building. 

"I start tomorrow. I just came to get my schedule and look around." He winks at me waving a map confidently and I roll my eyes.

"I memorized the building layout ages ago, Chase. That's not all that impressive." I glance down at my watch realizing that it's probably time to get ready for track. It's so crowded and noisy that I know no one heard us talking, but just in case, we were speaking in Latin. It's close enough to english that the people passing by in a hurry won't realize, and the nosy ones will just be left in confusion.

"Look, I have to go. I'm heading to track." I frown slightly, reluctant to leave Chase, but even more reluctant to be late on my first day.

"That's cool. I'm headed there too." Chase nods casually at me and I let out a smile. Of course he is.

A/N Hey there! This chapter may seem a little short? That is because I wrote this super long chapter but then I was like hey wait no one wants to read a chapter this long!! So I split it up. Honestly, I think it's for the better don't worry. SO that'll be posted reaalllyy soon once I get 20 reads, 3 votes and 2 comments. Just a goal but come on it doesn't take all that long to hit the vote button.

VOTE
VOTE        In the time it takes you to read this you couldve voted!

VOTE

Quick question. If anyone can guess this than I will dedicate the next chapter to them, no lie. 

THINK HARD

Who is the coach going to be? Hint: It's a character that you've been introduced to so far who is really strong and I think you will like them cause I do :) So think hard and rush to your keyboard before anyone else.

Someone BETTER get this right or I will suspend my chapter... for a few days at least haha

Lisexxx

Oh! And dedication goes to @dreambigandlive cause her comments made me smile. Go check her stuff out!