Chapter 5- Natural Beauty

Look who's back! This has to be some kind of record for me updating so soon! OH IMPORTANT NOTICE! There will be no real inappropriate themes in this book.It's pretty darn innocent. So Enjoy <3

Chapter 5

Beep. Beep. Beep. Groaning loudly, I reach over and slap the alarm clock a few times, but it doesn't stop. Beep. Beep. Beeeepp. I give it one last chance, but when the noise continues, I have no choice but to throw it as hard as I can against the wall. With a satisfying crash, it smashes into the wall and stays quiet. I roll over smiling sleepily and decide to catch a few more minutes of sleep.

Beep. Beep. BEEP. What the- I sit up confusion. Didn't I just- I snap my eyes open to come face to face with a pretty pair of green ones and everything becomes clear.

"Did you just-"

"Yep."

"And then I-"

"Mmm hmm" Chase smiles mischieveously before pulling the broken clock from behind his back with a wink. "Didn't peg you as the violent type, Jule. What's got you all worked up?"

Chase sits down next to me, frowning when I just shrug and look away. "Nothing. I'm just tired. What time is it anyway?" I change the subject glancing at the useless clock in his hands but he refuses to be sidetracked.

"5:02" He tells me letting me know he isn't fooled by the way his eyes narrow slightly. I don't want to tell him that what Leliah said has been bothering me. What if Macy is only taking pity on me and today she won't want to be bothered anymore?

"Guess I should be getting up now anyways. I need to fit some training in before school, you know." I smile extra brightly and stand up, reaching out my hand to help him up.  

Not that he needs my help. He's one of the strongest guys here, probably because he's been here longer than I have. This agency is as normal to him as school is to other kids.

"Yeah, I know. That's why I came to wake you up." Chase grins teasingly as I pull a face letting him know I'm not at all impressed that he broke my alarm clock. Well, I guess technically I did, but his prank is what got us here.

"You're coming with me to train, right?" I ask just to clarify but don't need to wait for the answer because we've had the same routine for years now, ever since they trusted us enough to let us have the morning for individual training. Granted, we don't usually get up quite this early, but now I have school to worry about too. I don't need to be late on the second day of school.

"Well, yeah, that's kinda why I'm dressed like this." He rolls his eyes at me as I look him over realizing he's dressed in sweats that are tight enough to show muscle but loose enough to be comfortable while on a run. His black hair is falling softly to the side looking soft and fluffy, a change from most of the boys at school with gel coating every single hair.

It's lucky Chase lives here or I would have gone insane because some of the other agents are jerks. Especially the boys. Especially blond haiared blue eyed boys named Connor. Just the thought of his smug little smirk makes me so angry. Who does he think he is? I'm just as good at defense as him. Just because he's a little stronger than me.

"Julianne!" I look over at Chase to see him waving his hands in front of my face.

"Um personal space. You ever heard of it?" I back away flicking his hands hard as he shakes his head sighing.

"Julianne," He says slowly, sounding like a tired parent. "I called your name like five times. You zoned out." Chase leans against my bedroom doorway, waiting to see if I'll answer him.