The one with the crumbs

Phil has a Sleepless night and Dan is a fed up with it.

Short Drabble
word count - 820

Dan wasn't a person who at the least bit could say he had a decent  nights rest, because at the Dan and Phil apartment the Internet was their false advertisement to stay awake. Wikipedia has more answers to their suit their needs.

But on a crisp early, chilly morning Dan Howell loved the idea burrowing next to his boyfriends warm chest, getting the delicious sensation that pecked at the rims of his chapped lips.

  Now in December Dan would often switch rooms as to where he would choose to spend the night. Snuggling into his boyfriends duvet was one thing, but trying to sleep whereas the scent of peppermint floated off the older man's candle was another thing. So on the night of January, 22nd, 2016 Dan Howell could be found under the warm blue and green covers next to Phil Lester.

Phil however, was a different story. Unlike Dan who is either a natural born sleeper or on his sleepless nights, Phil was a light and airborne drifter. Phil Lester had his moments when he would simply fall asleep or he would be up for sometime. Lucky for Dan when he was sleeping in the older boys sheets, he did not awaken everytime the pale skinned man left for times.
Both boys knew the other inside out. Dan knew the subtleties of Phil's expressions or the way he licked his lips before his jaw would close in determination. Dan could pin point on a map Phil's facial expressions. And Phil knew Dan strived on reassurance and closeness. Dan would always put effort in any relationships, maintaining a consciousness of which ones were cultivating.
This never effected the outside world as an issue. But to Dan and Phil closeness was a comfort.

But to Dan, comfort meant nothing if he was tired. Because sleep meant everything to him. So when around three o'clock in the morning when he is awoken by some noise Dan is not as we should put it, a 'happy camper'.

He sat up bolt right, blinking the sleep from his eyes, squinting into the familiar darkness of his flatmates bedroom. Dan tasted the clear sounds surrounding him. All his fears of the supernatural plaguing his mind. Reaching out to touch his boyfriend's slender wrist Dan felt nothing but air. About ready to jump out of bed and run towards Phil's door, the noise came again. This time more clearly an odd crunch sound coming from the foot of the bed. Dan's vision became more clearer as his brown e yes adjusted better to Phil's ominous room. He was able to make out the figure sat close to the foot of the bed.

The lamp light was not as far from Phil's bed as he moved so slowly ( Just in case it was some rabid demon from hell or something.) when he flicked the switch on, turning to see Phil in his ash grey whale slippers with Star Wars bottoms more then happily munching on some of DAN'S cereal. Phil watched his lover for a moment feeling a bit guilty he had been caught red handed with his boyfriend's food. He couldn't help it though, Dan always seemed to have the best cereal and sometimes he would have to restrain himself for stealing it.

Not today though.

"Phil?"

Dan said it more with annoyance then confused.

"Want some?" Phil asked holding the box of Chocolate Puffs to Dan. His lip coated with little bits of granola.

"No I don't. What I would like to know is why the hell do you have my cereal and why your eating it at three am!"

"I couldn't sleep and my mum used to say if you can't sleep eat something. And your cereal tastes better Dan." Phil was almost testing his partner.

"God Phil."

Dan tried his hardest to be stern but with the bit of chocolate on the sides of Phil's mouth he was daring himself to not kiss him.

"Your so stupid at times." Dan turned off the light and laid himself down again under the sheets. He tried to ignore the continuous crunching coming from Phil's mouth.

"Yes Dan." Phil chuckled at his boyfriends discomfort.

He turned away from Phil muttering about his cute sounds and how annoying he was.

  A couple of minutes later the crunching stopped and the cereal box was placed on the wooden dresser.

  Slowly Phil settles himself down next to Dan bringing out his pale arms to embrace the brown haired one from behind.

  Dan smiled at himself gripping hold of Phil's arms.
Dan did not say anything only wriggling into Phil's soft embrace engulfing more into the thin layer.

Until he felt a slight uncomfortable spot on his left side.

"Phil?"

"Yes Dan?" 

"You got crumbs in the fucking bed."

"Language Dan."