I walk inside and everyone waves and greets me. Funny part is, they know me and I don't know them. I see my friend across the hall and sneak up next to her and put my hands over her eyes. "Guess who!"

Mariana: "Ermahgerd! Amiera!"

Amiera: "What did you have to tell me that you couldn't tell me over text?"

Mariana: "Look over there."

Amiera: (I look at where she's looking and see my brother, Luis talking to our enemy. Juliana.) "Ew."

Mariana: "What's he doing talking to her? He's supposed to be talking to me."

Amiera: (puts arm around Mariana and makes her face her locker) "Sweetheart, he doesn't know you like him."

Mariana: "You didn't talk to him about it?"

Amiera: "No.. That's your job. ANYWHORE, watch this."
(Our friend Jelena walks over once I walk over to my brother. Halfway there, I reach into my bra and take out a condom at least I'm telling them to be safe about it) "looks like you'll be needing this."

Julianna: *scoffs and walks away*

Amiera: (walks away from her brother as he rolls his eyes.)

Luis: *starts to walk to class*

Jelena: "Always making Amiera always cock block her own brother."

Mariana: (looks at watch 7:27a.m) "I'm gonna go to class." (Walks away)

Jelena & Amiera: "Okay."

Jelena: "What's your first class?"

Amiera: "Algebra 2. You?'

Jelena: "Mrs.Howard?"

Amiera: "Yeah, you?"

Jelena: "I heard she had her baby. Shit! I don't remember my locker combo."

Amiera: "0422."

Jelena: "How'd you remember?"

Amiera: "Last year when you told me to put a bottle of water full of vodka in your locker. Not that hard to remember considering it is my birthday."

Jelena: "Good memory." (Looks at watch; 7:30) *late bell rings* "We're considered late."

Amiera: "Wouldn't be the first time." (Starts to walk to class)

{Later on that day, Mariana's house, 2:45 p.m.}

Mariana's P.O.V

I walk off the bus. I walk up to my apartment complex, I walk up the stairs and I take my key out from my back pocket and stuck it through the lock. I open the door and see my drunk mom on passed out and sprawled out on the couch. I roll my eyes, take a deep breath. Ever since my dad left me for who knows what reason this is what my mom has been like. Work during the day, drunk by the afternoon. I took the glass from her hands and drunk the little amount that there was left in the wine glass. I place it on the entable. Trying to wake my mom up to get her into bed wasn't working. I put a blanket over her and give her a kiss on her forehead.

I look at my mom who's still passed out on the couch, I go into the fridge and dump the alcohol down the sink. I run to my room with a 3/4 full bottle of vodka and put it in my backpack. I proceed back out to the living room. Luckily my mother was still asleep. Grabbing a brown bag I place all of the empty bottles inside and went to the side of my apartment and put them with all of the other bottles that were being collected from the other families.