Chapter Five- Maybe Slides Aren't Bad...

Start from the beginning

"Bye mom, I'll see you later on." I said going out the door. We had put our shoes and jackets on because they were in my room.

We were walking on the sidewalk now, and Jake still had my hand in his hand. Our hands fit perfectly together! It's like they're mean't to be together!

"So... Is everything okay Jake?" I asked him. It looked like he was in deep thought when I said that to him.

"Yeah... It's just that women loves Richard and Hailey more than she loves me, her son." So it was about his step-sister and step-father...

"I know you miss how it used to be. Your dad, your mom and you, a happy little family but,-" That's when Jake cut me off.

"But then the step-loser had to ruin everything! When I was little my mom actually acknowledged me and didn't get mad. Now, if she sees my face or I give he a single phone call she gets mad at me! Arg!"

I didn't say anything to that because I know, when Jake is mad the best thing to do is let him think but he always knows I'm here for him if you needs to talk about anything.

We were still walking hand in hand but I had no clue where to. I think we may almost be there.

"Hey Jake?"

"Yeah?" Good, he sounded less mad and upset now.

"Where are we going?"

"To the park." He said in a simple tone.

"Oh, okay." Wait. The park? I looked over at him to see he had a smirk on his face now.

I was right, we were almost there because when I asked where we were going we could see the park from where we were.

"Okay, so what are we going to do here?" There was nobody here because this park wasn't popular at all, I barely see any kids here when I do pass by.

"Play." Was all he replied before letting go of my hand and running to the swings. This boy is so confusing sometimes, but I'm okay with that.

I walked towards him laughing but I'm surprised he didn't get on a swing yet.

"Here is your seat ma'am." Jake said while gesturing to the swing he was standing behind.

"Why thank you kind sir." I replied while sitting.

"Now ma'am, we have three choices for you, would you like high, super high, or ultra high?"

"I think I'm good with high." I said then I felt Jake start pushing me.

"Whatever you say ma'am." He said with a little grin. He kept pushing me higher, and higher and I just began to laugh for no reason.

"Aren't you going to get on a swing?" I asked

"No I'm good with being right here."

"Okay, whatever you say."

After a bit more time of us, well me, swinging, Jake went towards the slide.

"C'mon Ry! Lets go down the slide!"

"You have no idea how much you sound like a kid right now Jake." I said letting out a little laugh.

"Riley. Don't make me come down there and get you." He said looking down at me from the top of the slide.

"Fine I'm coming, I'm coming."

I walked up the stairs to get to the top of the slide then looked at Jake in the eyes and said, "Jake, I'm up here now but you know that I am not going down that slide."

Right when I said those words, Jake went towards the stairs that I came up and said, "Well that's the only way you can get down so... I guess you are." He said with a little grin on his face.

"Nope!" I said turning around so I wasn't facing him.

I then felt him hug me from behind the back. He then whispered in my ear, "What if I go down with you?" Where did this come from?! He doesn't normally do this!

Obviously, my heart was pounding super fast and I felt my cheeks go hotter.

"Uh... S-sure.." I stuttered.

With that, we both sat down getting ready to go down the slide. And then we went! I felt like a little kid going down with their bigger brother or something except then I heard him whisper into my ear, "See? That wasn't so bad, now was it?"

And then out of no where he kissed my cheek!

Oh...My...Gosh...

He kissed my cheek!

Hey, maybe slides aren't that bad after all....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jake did what??? Omg he kissed her cheek!!!

I hope you guys liked this chapter :) Sorry it took so long, a lot has been going on but here it is!

What did you think of it? Do you think they'll ever be together?

Please comment what you thought, I really wanna know if you're liking the book so far.

Thanks for reading :)

-Jess