Chapter 6.

TWO YEARS LATER

"Hey Avery." I looked up and saw my friend Melissa..

"Hey Mel, what are you doing here?" I asked. "I thought you got out a few hours ago?" We both worked for a little boutique in the mall. It was a cute shop, never really that busy though. But it's good for extra cash and since I'm trying to save up for college. We actually started working here around the same time and have been really close ever since. She's two years older than me since we have met, she's been there for me through a lot.

I just recently ended things with my boyfriend of nearly six months. I was sure thay we were going to be together forever. We seemed perfectly together. We wanted the same things out of life, we had the same dreams and values. But, t turns out the whole time he was cheating on me. And I would have never figured it out I'd I never walked in on her in his bed. That was one of the worst feelings that I've ever felt. He really helped me move on from things that happened in my past and I really thought that he was the one for me. Melissa and Alison were both there for me, which I was extremely thankful for because I couldn't find it in myself to do anything. My heart broke again and I was sure that I wouldn't be able to recover this time. But they helped me, they really did. And after a couple weeks of barely being able to sleep, or eat anything, I realized why I should I let him do this to me? Why should I let him affect me? Yes, I thought that I did love him but I don't think that I have ever know what love truly is.

"Aves. Avery" Melissa called, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I zoned out for a second." I said trying to laugh to make it sound like I wasn't that affected by my previous thoughts.

"Don't worry about it, I just said that I came back here to see if you wanted to get something to eat on your break." She said, and that actually sounded goo because I was starving.

"Yeah sure, let me just go tell the manager that I'm taking my break." She nodded and I walked off to find Kelly, my manager.

After telling her that I was going on break, I left the store with Melissa, and we headed to the food court. We both walked up to an Italian fast food counter and waited in line to order our pizza. After we both got our food and drink we walked over to an empty booth and sat down there.

"So how and things going between you and Connor?" Melissa smirked.

Her and Alison have been trying to set the two of up for a bit. He's not bad looking at all, but he gets around. And I don't want to be just another number to him. If it wasn't for that, I would have agreed to going on a date with him already, but unfortunately that's how the majority of the guys around here are.

"Nothing is going on between us." I told her then tried to eat my pizza so she would know to stop asking me questions.

"Avery why won't you give him a chance?" She asked looking defeated.

"I just don't want to be another number." I told her honestly. "I'm just waiting for the right guy. Plus I'm fine by myself in the mean time. I don't need someone else."

"I know, and I'm glad that you are so strong that you can be by yourself and be so independent, but I just want to see you happy. Genuinely happy."

"I know and I am happy. I promise. I have you and Ali anyways. So I'm-" I got interrupted by my phone vibrating. I quickly pulled it out of my pocket to make sure that it wasn't one of my parents texting me. I turned it on and saw that the number wasn't saved in my phone.

Unknown
Hey

"Um do you have this number in your phone?" I asked Mel and she pulled out her phone to go through her contacts.

"Umm nope I don't. Just text them back and see who it is." She told me. And I just nodded and did just that.

Avery
Hey

I guess I'll just wait and see if they text me back.

Unknown
Is this Avery??

Avery
Yeah..whos this?

Unknown
Really? I didn't think that you would still have the same number

Avery
?? Who are you lol

Unknown
It's Harry

Oh my God. No it can't be. He hasn't even bothered to talk to me since that night after the dance two years ago. And now he's trying to talk to me like nothing never happened? Like he never broke my heart? No I don't believe it. I can't breathe. I can feel my eyes welling up with tears but I can't help it. I can't believe that he would do this to me. I'm still trying to move on from him. He hurt me too much and it has taken to long to even be able to hear his name without breaking down. And now he's trying to talk to me again?

"Who it's it Ave? You look like you've just seen ghost." She said looking worried.

"I-It's H-harry. Oh my God I can't believe it. Why is he trying to talk to me. Why now Mel. I was almost over him and now I can feel all of those emotions that have occurred because of him in the past, rising up again. I hate him. How could he do this to me?" I can't believe that he would do this to me.

"Sh shh it's okay Aves don't think about it. You need to go back to working then when you're done I can pick you up and we will head back to my place." She said trying to soothe me.

****

Two hours later I finally got out of work and Melissa and I are now back at her house.

Alison just got here so now we're sitting on her bed, watching "The Bachelorette" crying and eating ice cream. Well I'm crying and eating my icecream, they're just eating ice cream.

This is what we always do whenever one of is feels heartbroken. It's really nice to have such great friends that I know I can count on. I don't know how I would cope with out them.

My phone buzzed and Ali rolled over to where my phone was on the nightstand to pick it up.

She looked up at me once she saw who it was, and I could tell that she didn't know what to do. "It's Harry..he's calling you." She said slowly.

"Why doesn't he understand that I don't want to talk to him. I can't." I said shaking my head profusely.

Finally the phone stopped ringing, but right as it stopped it started again. "Ya know what? Give it to me." I said and took the phone from Alison's hands.

I took few moments to collect myself and breathe before answering. "What do you want Harry?" I asked, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible.

"Well hello to you too." He said.

"What do want? I'm not in the mood for small talk." I told him.

"Is anyone home?" He asked.

"Why Harry? Just tell me what you want. I told him.

"Because I'm at your house now and no one is answering." He said casually, as if he hadn't left me alone crying 2 years ago, to never talk to me again.

"It's not home anyways so it doesn't matter." I told him.

"Okay well can you meet up with me later? Say seven?" He asked.

"Why would I want to do that? So you can tell me that were not friends again? Ya I think I'm actually good." I told him. Starting to feel my eyes well up again.

"Please. Just meet me at Mac's Coffee House at seven. Please. I have so much that I need to explain to you and tell you." He pleaded.

"Ugh I don't know Harry." I said, I can't believe that I was actually considering it.

"Please. Seven o' clock. Mac's. Please." He said again.

"Fine." I said and hung up before he could say anything else.

I can't believe that I'm actually about to go do this.