Chapter 2.

Well today is the day of the dance. I haven't really spoken to Harry since the other day when he asked me about asking Aubrey to the dance. I mean, we've talked, but it was forced. Not like it usually is.

I was sitting in my room getting ready with Alison. She was curling my hair, talking about how excited she was for her boyfriend Austin to pick her up. They just started dating so I can't blame her for being excited.
She was trying to get me to go with one of his friends tonight, but I honestly don't feel like going and I don't want to bring someone else down too.

I think the only way I could be excited about tonight is if I got to walk in there with Harry on my arm.

But he should be leaving soon to pick up Aubrey. I ended up telling him not to bother with waiting for me. I doubt feel like being a third wheel and I can't stand to see get with him. That's another reason why I don't want to go. I feel like once I get in there and see them together that I just might breakdown.

"Ave.. Ave..hello? ?" Alison said snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"Hmm? Sorry I was just thinking. " I said trying not to sound too affected by my previous thoughts.

"About what?" She asked then slowly stopped what she was doing. "About...Harry?" She asked quietly.

I think that she has known for a while that I like him. I mean to anyone else Harry and I may seem just like best friends, but she knows from how I act that I want to be more. But that's exactly the thing. We are just best friends. He doesn't want anything else.

"No umm..just about tonight." I said trying to sound convincing.

"Ohh well if you want, I think that Noah still wants to go with you. I can call him and see if he wants to come over when Austin does?" She asked getting excited again.

I didn't really feel like going with him. I mean, I've talked to him a few times, and he seems nice, but I don't know. I'm not really that into him. But I guess I wouldn't hurt to have someone to keep me company.

"It doesn't matter to me. I mean of he still wants to then yeah that'd be nice of him." I said.

" Okay great! I'm so excited! I'm going to go call him." She said then ran out of the room with her phone.

After she left I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair looked so different. It was curled in really loose waves and my make up really made my eyes pop. It looked pretty and the good thing was that it wasn't too much. I'm not really that into make up, but this loomed really nice, I could barely recognize myself.

I was interrupted by my phone bussing on my bed. I got up and walked over to it to see who was calling. When I saw Harrys name on the screen I couldn't help but smile. Until I remembered that he was probably with Aubrey now.

"Hi" I answered.

"Hey Aves!" He said really excitedly.

"What's up?" I asked wondering why he was calling me when he was with her.

"I was just wondering if you wanted me to pick you up. I just got Aubrey and you can come with us if you want to." He said.

"Oh um I'm actually waiting for Austin and Noah to get here." I said. Sadly. I would have much rathered going with my best friend, but not if Aubrey was going to be there too.

"Oh Austin and Noah?" He asked.

"Yeahh.. Alison is here because she was helping me get ready, so we're waiting for them to pick us up." I told him.

"Oh so you're going, like, with Noah?"

"Yeah"

"You didn't tell me that you were going with him." He said sounding disappointed for a second.

"It just kind of happened. Plus I wouldn't want to intrude on you and Aubrey." I said, even though I would love to.

" Oh um okay them I guess I'll see you there." He said then hung up.

I really wish I was going with him instead.

Right as I got off the phone Alison came into my room with her dress and heals already on. "C'mon Avery! Get dressed! They're going to be here any minute!" She yelled throwing my stuff at me.

"Gosh, give me a second. I will." I said taking the dress.

Right after I grabbed them we heard the doorbell go off.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! They're here!" She said getting excited, once again.

" Then what are you doing here? Go answer the door already." I told her laughing.

" Okay but you better get dressed now." She demanded.

Once she left I pulled my dress on. It was red, and the top of it was beaded. It went to a little above my knees so I liked it. I don't really wear dresses that much. Not that I'm not girly, because I am, I'm just not that interested in dresses. Alison picked it out for me because she knows what I like and what looks good better than I do. It was a Sherri Hill so apparently that was a big deal.

I put on my heal after that, and looked in the mirror. I did look pretty. That made me feel really happy.

"Avery!" Ali called from down stairs.
I figured that was my que to hurry up, so I grabbed my wallet and phone and ran down the stairs.

I saw them all down there, Ali in her pink dress, that was alot more sparkly than mine, and Austin matched her nicely, wearing a pink shirt and black tie. But what really caught my eye was Noah.

He was wearing a red shirt and black tie. The same exact shade as my dress. Leave it to Ali to set us up before I even agree to it.

"Wow Avery..you look beautiful." Noah said, hugging me. I looked over his shoulder to Alison standing with Austin, wiggling her eye brows at me.
I just rolled my eyes and told them that we should get going if we didn't want to be late.