3.9; "I've got you."

ابدأ من البداية

Ever since Saturday, I've been contemplating on so many things,

I still haven't told Riley the complete truth,

She trusts me,

I want to admit my feelings for her,

but when is the right time?

Suddenly the bell rang, which made me jump slightly. "Are you alright?" I suddenly heard Zay whisper from behind me, and I turned around.

"W-What? I'm fine." I murmured, before I stood up and slung my bag over my shoulder. I needed to go get to Riley as soon as possible, the next class we had together, and Conner was in the classroom. The memories pierced back into my mind, and they felt like a million daggers. My blood began to boil as my jaw tensed, and suddenly the look on Zay's face changed.

"Your face is so red, dude." Zay spoke. I felt myself tense down a bit, before I walked past him. "I have to get to my next class." I replied back, before I walked out of the hall.

Immediately, once I walked out, my eyes caught with Riley's. She stared at me blankly, I walked over to her. "You alright?" I asked. She nodded her head, before she gave me a strange look.

"What about you?" She replied, and I tore my gaze away."Nothing." I lied, before I slightly stepped back. Once I looked back over to her eyes, I could tell that she knew I was lying.

I felt her hold onto my face, and turn my head to look at her again. "We promised to always tell each other the truth, right?" She said, scanning my eyes for a sign of something. That felt like a slap to the face. I felt my body tense up, I was supposed to tell her truth. I was supposed to always tell her the truth, and yet I still haven't found the strength too.

She deserves to know,

She deserves to know everything that's happened.

"Yeah." I whispered, as I gulped slightly. "It's nothing." I said, before smiling. She bit the side of her cheek, before she set down her hands.

"Okay.. Let's get to our next class then." She cleared her throat, before she tore her eyes away and  we began to walk towards science class.

I kept Riley close behind me, as I tried to contain myself, and keep calm. I knew that when I saw Conner, I would rip him to pieces, make him regret that he ever did that to Riley. But I kept myself contained for her.

But there was no sight of Conner.

I looked back behind Riley, and she furrowed her eyebrows. We haven't seen him all morning, which was a good thing.

Riley shrugged her shoulders, before the teacher behind us closed the door. We all took our seats, and I scanned my eyes around the room once more to make sure he wasn't here, which was odd.

Mrs. Dakota began talking and class started, but my mind trailed back to the girl in front of me, as always.

........

                                                                            T H I R D * P O V

Oddly enough, Conner didn't show up to school all day. Much to Lucas and Riley's relief, they didn't see him once.

Lucas had been trying to avoid talking to Riley as much as possible today, there was so many things on his mind. He felt like everytime he spoke to her today, that he was lying to her, and it was killing him, because all he wanted to do was admit his feelings to her. But he knew that he couldn't tell her that he loved her, until he was honest with her, or else it wouldn't be right.