//Chapter 2//

(this chapter is dedicated to bang_the_drums for being such an amazing supporter of mine of both books ! :) )

"pshh...Steph." I whisper and nudge Steph.

"what? "She silently groans in frustration.

"I'm bored."

" you're bored? are you serious? we are in the middle of biology class!" "yeah, well biology's boring." I say out a little loud. loud enough for our teacher to hear.

"is there a problem, Amanda?" miss Nicole asks, raising her eyebrows questioningly.

"nope." I pop the letter 'p'.

"I sure hope so..."she narrows her eyes at me before going back to explaining the lecture.

"see! you almost got us in trouble!" Steph scolds.

"almost." I mutter. I look at the blank page in front of me. Our tests are gonna start soon, I really should start studying, considering I don't want to humiliated in front of the whole class when we get our results.

I pick up my pen and start to write. its not a minute later that I end up doodling on the paper. I yawn and lean back on my chair, swinging it back and forth, again and again. that's when i feel someone nudge me from the side. I look sideways, to find a girl with short black hair sitting next to me, holding out a grey piece of paper.

"could you pass this to the girl next to your friend?" she asks in a low voice.

"yeah, whatever." I mumble, before taking the piece of paper from her. I'm about to pass it to Steph, so she could pass it further but I see a shadow appear. I look and find Miss Nicole towering over me.

"I wasn't doing anything!" I speak up quickly, lifting my hands in surrender.

"oh really.." she trails off." then you wont mind me seeing this." she growls as she snatches away the piece of paper from my hand.

I can sense the whole class staring at me. Damn, I'm gonna get in so much trouble. I hear someone chuckle from besides me. I snap my head sideways, glaring at the the girl. she was so gonna pay for this afterwards. miss Nicole stays silent for a while staring at the paper. I'm about to ask her what happened when she suddenly bursts like a volcano. Not literally.

"Out! Now! "she yells, and hands me another grey slip. hello detention. I flinch and quickly stand up, rushing outside the class. I can already hear the laughs from the distance.

-------------------------------

"so what was written on the paper?" Steph asks as she walks with me to the next class.

"I really don't know." I shrug.

"whatever it was, it sure made miss Nicole mad." she lightly chuckles.

"yeah, considering she gave me a whole lecture on respecting teachers." I roll my eyes, as I twist the door knob and open the door to our next class. my favorite class of the week. Weaponry class. The keepers just started these classes three weeks ago and its been the best thing they have ever done for us, in my opinion.

I smile as I go over and put my books on the table, before going up to another one of our teachers. Miss Diana. "your late" she says monotonously as she checks her watch. I hand her the grey slip Miss Nicole gave me and she simply nods. " go and get your sun for today." she points towards the table that's put against the wall in the far corner of the class. a secret lies underneath the table, something that only I know. I wave Steph goodbye as she denied taking this class, and rush over to the table.

I go over and pick up a pistol which is about the size of two hands. I weigh it in my hand and its perfect. a surge of adrenaline passes through my body as I hold the gun. it feels good, holding a weapon. it makes me feel like me.

I go over to where the other students area and stand my in my area. the dummy lies a few feet away. I take a breath and level my arm , closing my right eye and taking aim. when I feel like I'm in the right position, I count to three in my heart.

1...

2...

3...

taking in a long breath i push the trigger and the bullet goes flying away. its doesn't even take a second before the bullet reaches the dummy and goes straight onto its heart. i feel a rush of excitement. i finally got the target right. grinning victoriously, i look back at my teacher. there's a hint of smile on her face something I've never seen on any teacher.

"good job" she says from the distance, her voice echoing in the silence. "but you've got to work on your timing, your enemy wouldn't give you that much time to aim."

That's when i nod and go back to practice. I've never been more happy in my whole life.

-----------------------

"yes."

"No."

"yes."

"NO."

"yes."

"I said No!"Steph screams out, slamming her food tray on the table and making me take a step backwards. that was enough to make me silent, not just me, all the people round us stop and stare at us.

"Not your Problem!" Steph yells at them, and they all go back to what they were doing.

"you cannot do this!" she yells-whispers as she turns back to me, both of us sitting down in our chairs and facing each other, "you're only sixteen. you're just too young to die."

"you don't understand, I have to, I've even learned how to aim perfectly, and anyways who said I was going to die." I say, feeling a bit offended.

"it was just one shot, maybe it was a lucky one, who knows. you just cannot escape the security the keepers have put on us, its impossible. great people passed from over here but no one triedto escape. why? because they knew that would've been of no luck. i think you're not feeling okay right now. you're not thinking straight. are you sure you're not sick?" she says, as she puts a hand on my head.

" I told you I was okay, I'm not sick. what's wrong with you? I've been planning about this my entire life. I thought you trusted me, I thought you accepted me for who I am! was I really that wrong?" I storm out, standing up. i was furious. how could steph just keep on going and saying things like that. i thought she was my friend, and friends were supposed to understand each other. Steph also wasn't acting like herself lately, she was being rude and kept snapping at me on little things. this wasn't the Steph i knew.

"you know what Amanda?" Steph says as she stands up, her voice a little clam," i don't think this friendship can go on for longer."

and that was enough to leave me standing there, shocked and astounded.

-------------------------

whew!

its a longer chapter right? who hates Steph right now? i know that i do XD

im really hoping you enjoyed reading this chapter and would love all the vote and comments i can get !!!!

and yeah i was wondering about a cast for this book, if anyone has any ideas, it would be absolutely great if u share em with me!

anywho, enjoy your day fellas! its time for me to go..

~toodles