I stomp my foot in annoyance. I already miss him.

There was this ache inside my chest that I just needed to burn away. "Want to go," I pause. "For a run?" I ask Luke.

"Sure. Let's go." Luke smiles a little and we walk out.

I walk behind a tree and pull my clothes off, Darren said that's what I should do every time. So no one sees me. I shift and walk out, Luke already waiting in his wolf form.

I bound off, trying to get rid of the ache inside my chest. The longing I had to be with Darren. He still scared me sometimes, but as he taught me what a mate was, I wanted him to be around more and more.

Suddenly Luke is barreling into my side. I go flying, hitting a tree and whimpering at the pain it causes. But I realize quickly Luke had done it to protect me. Three wolves that don't smell very good are there looking really, well, mean.

I slowly pick myself up, feeling myself start to shake a little in fear. 'Darren...' I try to link, but I can tell it doesn't work. My fear must be clouding my ability to link! I panic even more. Darren...

One of the wolves lunges at me but Luke is quick to take him on.

'Run Blaire!' Luke yells through the link, bringing back terrible memories. But, nevertheless, I run. I know I can outrun a lot of wolves, and I use that. Gaining speed as I go.

I only hear one of the wolves following me, the other two must be with Luke. I push myself to as fast as I can run when there's this flash of brown beside me. I can't help but stop, digging my paws into the ground.

I whip around to just briefly see the brown wolf and the other wolf through the trees. Then they're gone. I wait where I am, feeling shaken and scared.

'Darren?' I try again, yet it still doesn't work. I whimper, pawing my  face a little.

I'm alone for a long while before Darren's wolf walks out from where the other wolf and the brown one, which must of been him, had disappeared. I dash over and rub my head against him. Or more so, my wolf does. I'm not exactly sure who's in control right now.

'Hey baby, let's go back to the pack house. Okay?' Darren links softly, nudging my side.

I turn away from him, padding towards the house. A bit on edge. Where's Luke and what were those other wolves doing? They were rogues, I think.

I get back to the house and shift, walking inside. Knowing Darren would want me to put clothes on, as he tells me every time I shift back, I head upstairs. I pull my undergarments on before sitting on the bed waiting for Darren.

He walks in and look over at me. His eyes hold many emotions. He walks past, going to the closet and pulling underwear on. I walk over and pull on his arm.

"Luke?" I frown.

"He's fine." Darren promises.

I sigh in relief. "You?"

"I'm fine." He says slowly. Then he clenches his hands into fists, I lean back. Normally I wasn't scared of Darren, not anymore, but sometimes...

"Darren..." I whisper.

"I can't do this anymore Blaire. I'm sorry." Darren growls, walking over and picking me up. Wrapping my legs around his waist then pushing me against the wall.

"Darren!? What are you... Doing!?"

He starts kissing along my neck. Softly. I let my eyes close, tilting my head to the other side.

"What I should have done a long time ago." Darren replies lowly, his teeth grazing over a spot on my neck making me shiver.

"What's that?" I whisper.

"This," he whispers back then his teeth sink into my neck.

My eyes snap open and I desperately try to push him away. It hurts. It really hurts.

"Darren," I cry, pushing on his shoulders.

Very slowly he pulls away. His eyes black and they focus on mine. Slowly they go back to blue.

"Don't cry baby," Darren whispers, looking in pain. He uses his thumbs to brush away tears.

I push past him and walk up to the mirror. My neck had a bite mark, like Violet and James had, except a lot more fresh. So this is Darren's mark on me... Do I have to bite him!?

"Blaire... I'm sorry." Darren whispers, wrapping his arms around me from behind. "When the rogues came, I couldn't get to you. Luke linked me but your link was completely blocked off. Angel, I can't have that. I know you didn't mean it, but I can't have you so close yet so far."

I wipe my tears away, looking at us in the mirror. "Do I... mark you now?" I whisper.

Darren's eyes widen and he spins me around. "Blaire, you know what you're saying, right?" He asks slowly.

"I know." I reply, looking up at him expectantly. He picks me up like he had before and sits us down on the bed.

I look over him again before slowly leaning in and pressing my lips to his, my eyes closing as I do. Fiery current seems to pass between us as we share the kiss. His hands on my waist, mine on his arms.

This is only the second time really kissing him. I like it. But I pull away, trailing kisses down his neck like he had to me. His grip on my waist tightens as I reach a spot. I smile a little against his skin.

Maybe it's me or maybe it's my wolf, but I know what I have to do. I let my canines extend, which I hadn't known how to do before, and bite into the spot.

Darren sucks in a breath and there's this overwhelming sense of emotions... Not my emotion though. It's... It's Darren's. I even get snippets of thoughts, his thoughts. Snippets, I like that word, Luke taught me that.

I pull away and look up at Darren. He stares back at me, at the same time not really looking.

"You have the most complex mind." Darren whispers. His blue eyes are unfocused, slowly they come back and he's really looking at me. "How do you feel?"

"Good." I reply, a little breathless.

Darren is gently and he brushes his fingers over his mark, making me shiver under his touch. Marking him made me feel a million times closer, a million times more in need of him. I just needed him to stay here with me.

"You don't have... Alpha duties?" I ask, ready for him to say he has to go back.

"No. The rest of the day is ours."