Chapter 6: The Filipino- Style Reunion (Part 2)

Travis and I stayed there for an hour or so. We both agreed that we needed to get a break from all the commotion at home. We watched the water come towards the shore and the tiny waves that follow it. The crashing sound of the water hitting the sand was music to my ears and I noticed that Travis was just quiet. 

The whole time we were sitting there, I was really wondering why he kissed me on the temple. I was trying my hardest not to let my nerves get the best of me. No one on earth has ever done that to me. Not even my good-for-nothing ex. I sighed deeply and hugged my knees so that I could bury my head. 

"What are you thinking about?" Great. He's asking me what I want to avoid....

"I was just wondering.."

"About the kiss" we both said in unison. I then looked away feeling so embarrassed to even have asked it but he just smiled it. I kept quiet but he was the first one to break the silence. 

"I don't know how to say this Jackie. You might think I am crazy, which I think by now you are thinking that I am.... I like you."

I was shocked. Seryoso? We just met three days ago and  Mr. Hot Dude with the beard is telling me he likes me already?

"I don't understand."

"You don't have to," he moved and faced me. "This" moving his hand between the two of us "is what we call attraction. I am attracted to you and I still don't know if you are with me."

I took a deep breath and tried to wrap my head around the whole thing. What was even there to like about me? Was he bluffing or what?

"Travis, I...I'm not yet ready to be in a relationship."

"I know. Your godmother spilled the beans already and I get it. You're afraid but I didn't come all the way from Canada just to get dumped by some girl that I manage to like in just three days. Let's just go with the flow."

"I won't promise you anything..."

"Deal."

We went back to watching the waves and silence came upon us once again. It was hard to look at him now without blushing. This was the first time that a guy was really straightforward with his feelings for me. Nakakakilig pero nakakatakot din. Careful ka Jackie.

Out of nowhere Ate Elydia came to my rescue, telling me that she wanted to talk to me in private. She even told Travis to join the men who were already starting to play some Pinoy games like palosebo and Sipa. He joined them and left me with Ate Elydia who eagerly dragged me to my bedroom for a heart-to-heart talk. 

As soon as the doors closed, the interrogation began. "So...ano na?"

"Anong 'ano na' ate?"

"Kayo ni Travis."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. Tama nga yung feeling ko na ito ang topic na i.co.cover namin. Hay nako!

"Wala...we're just friends. I'm his tour guide and he's my tourist. That's it."

"Well that didn't look like that at all when you sang and he kissed you on your temple, which was so kilig by the way."

How was i going to tell her that Travis already told me how he felt after three days? I think she was going to be ballistic once she hears it. But since I didn't have any choice, I told her. She practically jumped up and down and had her voice down the whole time but still had a silent scream. 

"So...anong sabi mo?" she asked, looking hopeful. 

"Sabi ko, hindi pa ako ready. Ayaw ko pang pumasok sa isang relationship at alam mo kung bakit."