$0.06

I sat in the passenger seat of Jacks black matte jeep with the Weeknd blasting through the speakers of the car. He hasn't spoken to me since he asked if I still liked Jay which get's me worried. 

"Jack, can you tell me why you're not talking to me?" I asked over the music.

He turned his head to look at me and pulled over into a gas station.

"Do you still like Jay?" He asked and I moved my gaze from his eyes to my shoes.

"I don't know. It's been three years. He was my first love." I stared at my shoes blankly in hopes that he'd disregard the topic.

"Whatever." He turned around and adjusted himself as he stepped out of the car.

I was guessing that he'd come back shortly so I pulled out my phone followed by the sticky note.

I typed in the number and sent Jay a "Hey, it's Jennifer :)". I then called Emily to fill her in on what had happened last night.

I heard muffled sounds on the other end of the phone and I mentally facepalmed.

She was with Dylan.

"Hey, anyways, what happened last night?" She asked.

I proceeded to tell her what had happened and how I saw Jay, and up til now.

"Yikes, Jennifer. Yikes." She said.

"Yeah tell me about it." I said.

"Don't even stress okay, Jack is probably just jealous that he wasn't your first love and he knows that Jay will always have a special place in your heart. Don't push it just show Jack how much he means to you and let whatever happens, happen. Hey, Jennifer um I got to go now. I have Dylan waiting." She laughed through the other end.

"Uh disgusting. Emily stop." I laughed with her.

"You know, he's not bad." Omg.

"Yeah, I've heard." I said blankly.

I saw Jack returning from the gas station with a bag and he opened the door to sit in the drivers seat. He dropped the bag on my thighs and I looked into it.

"Hey Jack!" Emily yelled through the phone. And Jack looked at me puzzled.

"Who's that?" Jack asked. I shrugged my shoulders and handed my phone to him as I opened the chocolate bar.

He started the car and conversed with Emily. He never met her but he knew of her.

"Yeah she's- she's special." Jack smiled and looked at me.

She hung up on him because, and I quote, 'She had to finish off Dylan'.

Jack and I joked around until we reached his house. We noticed a few cars in the driveway and he told me he shared his house with Jack Johnson, Sammy Wilkison, and Nate Maloley.

I grabbed my Michael Kors bag from the aisle between the seats and stepped out. We walked up to the door and he twisted the knob.

As we walked in the sound of Drake blasted through multiple speakers as three guys sat with two girls in the living room.