Two

Harry is walking too fast for Louis, considering he has these giraffe legs and Louis feel like a foot shorter.

"Slow!" Louis groans, pulling the sleeves to his jumper tighter around his hands, the hood barely blocking the wind as the two walk up to the school from Harry's car. It's cold and a bit rainy outside, with rumors for snow to start piling in soon as well. Louis' not totally happy about that, Harry observes, since he seems to not like the cold.

"Sorry," Harry chuckles, "uh, the front doors are right ahead. That's where you go inside. I'll show you your classes when we get inside."

"Okay," Louis sighs, "uh, same classe?" he asks.

Harry shrugs, "Uh, I don't know yet. We have to go to the main office to get your schedule. It'll say the classes on there so I can compare ours," he tells Louis, and even though the only part Louis gets is office, classes, schedule, and compare, he can put two and two together well enough.

There's students weaving through others and scurrying around them, as they're obviously not the only students in the school. Some people that are friends with Harry look at him curiously as to wonder who this short boy is, but other than that everyone minds their own business and gets on their way.

Harry walks through the front doors, keeping a light touch on Louis' jacket so that he knows he's still there as they walk through the very crowded hallways. Except someone walks right through them, sending Louis to stumble due to the force. "Jésus, pas même un excuse moi, trou du cul?" (Jesus, not even an excuse me, asshole?) Louis sneers to himself, walking quick to catch up with Harry again.

He hoists his falling bag onto his shoulder and stops where Harry is stood in front of the doors to the main office, "This is the North office. Juniors and Seniors have most of their classes in the North hall, Sophomore's and Freshman have most of theirs in South," Harry tells him. Louis has to refrain himself from smiling since he understood pretty much the whole thing that Harry said.

They walk in, Louis behind Harry, eyes examining the women working at their desks in there. A couple look up for a second, but only one stands up. "Hi, Harry, what'd you need hon?" she asks, a warm smile on her face.

"I have a new student with me. Louis Tomlinson. He needs his schedule," Harry tells her.

The woman nods, and goes searching onto her computer, printing out two papers within minutes, "Uh, one is in French..." her voice trails, looking up at Harry and one of the other women.

"He's kind of an exchange student. His family moved from France, so," he shrugs, handing the papers to Louis, who looks over them. Harry looks at the English paper while Louis looks over the French version, and compares it to his own schedule.

"Okay, so we have Math, History, Gym and Photography together. You have English class without me because you're still working on just being able to speak it still. I have Chemistry but you have Biology," he explains, and pulls a note out from his pocket, "this is from your mum."

Louis sighs in relief when seeing that the note is in French, "J'ai fait en sorte de t'inscrire en calculs et en biologie, puisque tu es impressionnant avec les maths et les nombres. Harry est en honneurs en anglais mais toi tu es dans un bas niveau étant donné qu'on travaille encore à le parler. Je me suis assurée que tu aies la majorité de tes classes avec Harry afin qu'il puisse t'aider. Tu prends la photographie, l'aide aux devoirs, et le sport. Passe une bonne journée, ta maman qui t'aime,"  (I made sure to put you in Calculus and Biology since you're amazing with math and numbers. Harry is in honors english but you're in the low english since we're still working on speaking it. I made sure you have most classes with Harry so that he can help you. You're taking Photographics, study hall, and gym. Have a good day, the love of mummy.)

Louis looks up, nodding at Harry, who then smiles, "Okay. I'll take you down to your first class today. We don't have it together, so when it's over just wait for me," he tells Louis, who only follows him like a blind mouse down the hall. Harry makes sure to keep him close, and thankfully the classroom is close, so in no time the two are walking into a classroom.

Louis looks around, gasping when seeing that the signs around the walls are all in French. "Je suis en classe de Français!" (I'm in French class!) Louis exclaims, grinning as he turns to Harry. "Oh, uh, French classe!" he chuckles, but then it dawns on him that he already speaks the language. Perfectly, actually. "I... know French," he furrows his eyebrows.

Harry nods, "I know. But you need to know English as well and by taking French you'll learn English as well in some ways. Plus you'll probably ace the class since you're fluent in French," he tries to explain. But Louis doesn't really know what Harry said, so he just nods, and when Harry suddenly is leaving for another classroom he takes a seat a couple rows back. Students flood in as well, and the teacher makes sure to start the class immediately.

"Bonjour la classe," (Hello class) she says, standing from her desk with a paper in her hand. "We have a new student, I've been told? Louis Tomlinson?" she raises her eyebrows.

Louis' head shoots up, eyes wide. Her eyes land on him, due to his reaction, and she nods. "That's you?"

He nods, "Uh, me, it is me," he raises his hand partially, cringing at his inability to speak English correctly. He feels like he sounds stupid.

"Avez-vous toujours parlé français?" (Have you always spoken French?) she questions. She had been informed of an exchange student coming to her class. From Harry, of course.

The boy nods, cheeks red with embarrassment. He was never the one for spotlight. "Oui, Madame. Je suis né là-bas, mais ma mère nous ont emmenés ici... euh pour un nouvel emploi," (Yes, Madam. I was born there, but my mother took us here... uh for a new job) he tells her. And although she knows he's lying she lets it go. She can tell that he's not telling the truth and frankly, she doesn't believe his mother moved them to a whole new continent just to find a job.

"Nice," she walks to the front of the room, then turns and writes things on the board to instruct the class into the days lesson. Louis looks at the person next to him frantically, but the boy just chuckles and grabs the textbook from under his chair and opens it up between their desks.