[1] Treble Clef

Luke's P.O.V.

"Do I have to?" I whine in the passengers seat.

"Yes! It was a dare! I did yours! That's how I got this!" Niall exclaims and points to his black eye. That is true. I may not have punched him but it was pretty much the same thing. I dared him to kiss our best friend Harry and his boyfriend, Louis, was NOT happy. Now here we are, sitting in the car as it poured outside. We were at Sleeve By Sleeve, a tattoo shop. My dare had been to get a tattoo. Louis and Harry said this place is the best in Australia. Only thing is I'm afraid of needles.

"Fine." I say and get out and run into the tattoo parlor. In the front of the shop was a large desk and lots of pictures of tattoos along the walls. There were a couple glass cases of jewelry like lip rings and eyebrow bars and nose studs. Niall rings the bell and I'm not sure anyone will be able to hear it over the loud hum of the tattoo machine. A tall, red haired man comes through the curtain with blue rubber gloves on his hands. His arms are covered in tattoos and he has got gauges in. He's wearing a ripped t-shirt that goes well with it all along with an eyebrow piercing and snake bites.

"Woah dude what happened here?" He asks in a deep voice. Damn this man is hot.

"This asshole." Niall says and points to me. "Anyway, he's getting a tattoo."

"Cool, I'm Michael. Ever gotten a tattoo here?" He asks and shakes my hand over the desk.

"Never. No ink on my body. My friends Louis and Harry said you were good and by the look of their tattoos, I can trust that opinion." I say and he smiles.

"Well, I'm Michael. I'll be doing your tat today. Got anything in mind?"

"Yeah, I saw this tattoo and thought it was really cool." I say and show him my phone.

"That'll be easy. You want it on your forearm like in the photo?" He asks and I nod. "Cool. I'm going to go sketch this and I'll call you back once I'm ready. What's your name?"

"Luke Hemmings." I say and he writes that down.

"Okay, just give me a few minutes." He says and disappears behind the curtain again. Me and Niall sit in one of the old leather seats by the door and wait. After a little, we hear a voice. I begin to think it's Michael but the way they're talking is different.

"Just make sure you rub that on every 24 hours and keep the plastic on for 12 hours." It says. A tan, black haired man walks out from the curtain along with a shorter curly haired man.

"Cal, I work here. I know what to do." The second guy says.

"I dunno, Mike said I have to say it to everyone." He responds.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow." He says and leaves.

"You waiting or is Michael helping you?" He asks.

"Michael's got him, but I kind of want something too." Niall says.

"Alright, whatcha got in mind?" He asks. Him and Niall talk for a second before Michael calls me back.

"Hey, I'll see you once I'm done." Niall says and I nod.

"You alright? You're really pale. I'm actually going to go with; you don't want to do this cause you're afraid of needles but have to cause you gave your friend a black eye. Am I right or is the shop haunted?" He asks and I laugh.

"The first one. I've never liked needles." I say and sit in the chair. He shaves off the tiny hairs on my arm and rubs it with alcohol.

"Eh, it can hurt sometimes but I mean, you chose a place where it shouldn't hurt too much. This is going to look cool. You play music?" He asks and puts the sketch on my arm.

"A little. I can play guitar. My friend has a band. It's a boy band but they're really famous. One Direction. Ever heard of them?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah. Some of their music isn't that bad. Okay, ready?" He asks and I sigh. I so don't want to do this.

"I guess." I say and he presses the needle to my arm. I flinch a little and he smiles but it doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would, thankfully. Most of the time he is silent and just pays attention to what he's doing and only really asks if I'm okay. Three hours later, he puts his gun down and wipes it down.

"There you go my friend. Go take a look in the mirror." He says and I get out of the chair. I walk to the large mirror on the wall and point my forearm toward it.

"Woooaaahh." I say and start at the black mark that goes over half of my forearm.

"Like it?" He asks and comes up next to me.

"Yeah. Oh my god that looks amazing." I say and he chuckles.

"Just gotta put the cream on it and wrap it, then you're good to go." He says. After he does that, I walk out and see Niall sitting in the chair.

"'Bout time mate! I've been done for an hour and a half!" He says and I laugh.

"What'd you get?" I ask and he pulls his shirt to the side a little to show a small tattoo of a feather and three small birds on his collar bone. "Cool."

"What about you. You never showed us what you were getting." I pulled up my sleeve to show the music symbol I got on my arm.

"Oh my god mate, that's sick!" He says.

"Yeah, Michael's really good." I say.

"Okay Luke, here's you aftercare kit and here's a card in case you want to come back or tell a friend. Hope to see you soon." He says and hands me a small bag.

"You probably will." I say. He chuckles and says bye as we walk back out into the pouring rain.

Hey. Another new story. I'll be updating this on Sundays. I have one more story that I'm putting up tomorrow and I'll be putting up the next chapter to Why Do Bad Things Happen To The Best Of Us? later so stay tuned! The chapter at the beginning will be marked by each time he goes in until about chapter 10. Bai <3