Lights, Camera, Flash

Nani sat in the studio waiting for the model. The women all around buzzed excitedly, today's model wasn't quite a model but an athlete instead. She brushed it off, they all seemed to be so full of themselves she was just here to get her paycheck for styling him.

The shoot started at 8 and here it was 9:30 and he wasn't showing. "Amanda?" Nani called towards her assistant. Amanda rushed over, a Dunkin Doughnuts cup in her hand. "Are the outfits ready? I'm starving and I need to get something to eat before I murder his ass when he finally gets here."

Amanda laughed and nodded. "Yeah, everything is all set up. I'll go let Gustaf know you're stepping out momentarily." She patted Nani's shoulder and skirted to  where the photographer was talking with some other staff.

In a rush she hurried out the studio, bumping into someone in the process. "Sorry, so sorry." She apologized frantically. She looked up but whoever it was had a mob of entourage that'd crowded around them making it impossible to see who she actually hit. Nani just continued out the building and down the street to a small little bakery.

After paying for her blueberry muffin and a to go cup of coffee, she made a hasty trip back down the block to the photoshoot.

"Where have you been?!" The makeup artist drilled as soon as Nani materialized back into the room. "He's here!"

Nani sucked her teeth and pushed past her. Although she didn't care because her job had already essentially been done, she booked it to where her clothing racks stood. "Has he seen the clothes?" Amanda was peeking through the clothes racks that shielded the dressing area. Nani followed her eyes towards a guy in nothing but his boxers. "Amanda?"

"What? Huh?" She snapped back to reality with a dumbfounded gaze.

"Has the guy seem the clothes?" She asked again, this time a little more perturbed.

"Oh yeah, he's trying on the first outfit now." Amanda's eyes wandered back to her makeshift peephole.

"If you don't get your ass over here and stop being a peeping Tom."

Amanda giggled uncomfortably and followed Nani to the food table reserved for the models. Bending the corner around the racks, Nani's voice caught in her throat as she spoke. Heading in her direction was an extremely handsome man. Curly hair bleached blonde at the tips, styled into a wide Mohawk that fit his style perfectly. He had a strong build, a face that would make anyone, male or female do a double take. As he approached his mouth hang open ever so slightly, making his bottom lip tremble slightly with his heavy footsteps. "Close your mouth." Amanda whispered lowly.

Nani gulped and closed her mouth, still mesmerized at his beauty. "The blazer fits a little funny." He was looking at Amanda as he spoke.

'Oh lord, even his voice is sexy.' Nani thought internally while trying to regain her professionalism. "Okay, well we can do two things..." He looked at her as if to say 'who the hell are you'. "Sorry, I'm the stylist. Nani." Nani held out a hand, he grabbed it in a firm handshake and smiled. Nani felt her knees almost buckle.

"You ran into me earlier." He noted, his smile never leaving his face. "I tried to stop you to apologize but you dipped so quick." They both shared a light chuckle.

"No problem, but back to business, you're really late and I gotta get home soon."

"Oh right, sorry." The guy straightened up. "I'm Odell."

"Nice to meet you. So, two options, we can go without the blazer and just do the shirt and pants or we can switch to one of the other outfits." They began to walk towards the racks again.

"Well this isn't really my style. I see some things up here though that are more up my alley." He fondled a couple pieces in front of him.

"Okay, well let's get this together then." Nani clapped her hands together with a smile.

As the photoshoot went on Nani found herself eyeing him. She understood now why everyone was going so crazy over him earlier. He had a boyish charm about him and all her misconceptions about athletes didn't seem to fit this guy. He was polite, always smiling and he seemed a little shy to be honest. When the ladies gawked at him she could see the blood rushing to his face with every smile and thank you. As the shoot neared an end, she began gathering the clothes, leaving out the things he'd told her he'd like to keep and pay for.

"Hey." He called behind her as she kneeled down gathering shoes.

Nani raised up and turned to face him. "Yeah, what's up?" Compared to his confidence when she'd walked in earlier, he was seeming a little more nervous now which made her nervous as well.

"I really uh, I really enjoyed working with you today. You seem very nice." His eyes jumped from his hands, to her face, and back to the floor while he spoke.

"Well I appreciate that Odell, I enjoyed working with you too. Being honest, you've been one of my easiest to date." Nani tucked her hands into her jeans smiling wide at his words.

"How long have you been doing this?" His brows scrunched up in curiosity.

"Eh, 3 maybe 4 years. I started out as makeup artist but fashion is where my heart really lied."

The two talked for another 30 minutes just innocent conversation, Odell assisted in getting the clothes packed up, shouldering the outfits he wanted, when someone called that the studio was about to close. Embarrassed they'd lost track of that much time, they sheepishly hurried out of the building.

"Hey, I really like talking to you." Odell opened up the back door of her SUV. "You think maybe, we could go out for coffee, lunch, dinner, a movie maybe." He rambled, spewing out his words a mile a minute.

"What was that?" Nani smirked a little.

He took a deep breath in and out. "I was asking if you would meet me sometime for coffee or something. Get to know each other some more."

Nani shifted her weight and smiled at her feet. "I would love that."

They exchanged numbers and parted ways, Odell assured he'd be calling as soon as he got the chance to. Nani on the other hand was giddy with excitement because he just seemed so nice, a breath of fresh air.

Hope you enjoy NanixShakur 😘