Ch. 19 (PG-13, D): My Beloved Wife Olivia

"Love in the Great Pine Woods", Ch. 19 (PG-13, D): My Beloved Wife Olivia,  January 23, 2016 by Gratiana Lovelace (Post #864)

(An original story copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace; all rights reserved) [(1) story cover, left]

[From time to time, I will illustrate my story characters with: Richard Armitage as Sam Wakeforest, Marcia Gay Harden as Sam's older sister Tessa Wakeforest Shoop Delaney, and Emily Deschanel as Tessa's sister-in-law Olivia Delaney Wakeforest, Viola Davis as Pauletta Perkins, Cicely Tyson as Nellie Newton, Anna Sophia Robb as Alice Trent, Kevin Spacey as Roger Delaney, Sam Heughan as Todd Wakeforest, Idris Elba as Dominic Perkins and others as noted.]

Authors Content Note: "Love in the Great Pine Woods" is a mature love story with dramatic themes of love and relationships. It will mostly be at the PG and PG-13 movie levels. Specific chapters or passages may have a further rating of: L for language, D for dramatic emotions, and S for sensual themes. And I will rate the chapters accordingly. If you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings that I provide for a chapter, then please do not read that chapter. This is my disclaimer. And as is my habit, I will summarize the previous chapter's events at the beginning of the next chapter.

Authors Recap from the Previous Chapter:  With Olivia's leg injury sustained in the avalanche on Saturday, January 2, 1956--and her gaping and severely bleeding wound--time is of the essence to get her off of Wakeforest Mountain and to the Wakeforest County Hospital some five miles away.

"Love in the Great Pine Woods", Ch. 19 (PG-13, D): My Beloved Wife Olivia

Rotar blades from the descending hospital helicopter whip through the air and stir up the drifted snow at the Little Summit plateau ridge on Wakeforest Mountain about fifteen minutes after Sam Wakeforest's brothers and friends reached his cabin on the Mountain. The sound is a mixture of a chopping noise mixed with whooshing snow cutting into the serenity of nature's pristine beauty.

Sam and his brothers and their friends Dominic and Hank heard the helicopter nearing and rode in the snow plows to the clearing. Olivia Delaney Wakeforest is being air lifted to the hospital for much needed transfusions and tending of her injured leg and its attendant severe blood loss which is very worrisome for Sam. He is afraid that she will die--and it will be all his fault, for bringing her here to his mountain for their honeymoon.

The fifteen minute wait for the helicopter to show up had seemed interminable--and Sam could hardly bear it. But if his Olivia could bear it, then he would bear it also. Though, she is still in a faint and unconscious in his arms. And now Sam carries his still unconscious wife to the helicopter as the medical nurse jumps out to tend to his patient.

Nurse Ron: "Mr. Wakeforest, Sir, we'll take her from here for you." Nurse Ron says respectfully. The Wakeforest family are not only early settlers to these parts, and founded their town, but they are well respected for their philanthropy--which extends to the Wakeforest County Hospital. So when the call had come in to the Wakeforest County Hospital that one of the Wakeforest's was hurt up on the mountain, the medical staff were put on alert and were ready to lend their aid. Even a surgeon specialist visiting the area for the holidays was called in to help out.

Sam: "No! Olivia is my wife!" Sam objects forcefully--he is suspicious of a male nurse, as Sam's scowl does not conceal [(2) right]. "I will not leave her side."

Nurse Ron: "Then we must at least get her laid onto the stretcher and strapped in. Then I can start an IV before we lift off." Nurse Ron motions to Sam and he brings Olivia over and gently lays her down on the stretcher.