Monster in My Heart

Laurance POV
I got back to Phoeinx Drop and dropped off the supplies. Later that day we revived a final charge from O' Khasis which we were able to stop by using Kawaii~Chan's Animation Magiks to create lookouts in the trees to alert us of O'Khasis' approach. After we stopped them they retreated and we received word that that were headed back to O'Khasis.

Good riddance to old garbage.

Aphmau's POV
I sunk my teeth into the meat I had cut off. It was salty and raw, but I was so hungry I kept eating.

Before long I started to feel a dull pain in my back. I brushed it off but it started to get sharper and sharper until I was bending over backwards in pain. I felt my spine start to dislocate, one bone at a time. I screamed. My arms started to dislocate and stretch along with my back. Again one bone at a time. My fingers cracked and snapped, they stretched and I felt my nails fall off. Growing in their place where sharp claws. My pain-filled yell changed in pitch and got deeper. My legs dislocated from my hips and my hair started to fall out. My scream halted when I started to choke on something. I coughed it up to find it was one of my teeth. One by one my teeth fell out and their spaces filled in by fangs and My skin turned an ashy gray. My every thought was replaced with one thing.

Eat.

I tore off Garroth's arm and tore into it.

More! Eat more!

Soon I had ripped into his torso.

Must eat more!

After a short time I had eaten most of the flesh off his body.

MORE!

I started to push against the top of the debris pile. I threw myself at it In order to get out of this prison. After slamming into it countless times the debris finally moved and I was able to escape. And I found myself, in a village full of food.

Laurance POV
I was in my house sleeping when I was jolted awake by a loud scream. About halfway through the scream it became deeper and more distorted. I heard the crashing of rubble and grabbed my bag before rushing outside.

I pulled out my torch and lit it before walking around the dark village looking for the source of the sound. I saw the pile of rubble from the guard tower was...moved? I walked up closer to take a look and what I saw horrified me.

Is that Garroth? W-what happened to him? Wait. W-where's Aphmau's body? Oh Irene don't tell me. Th-they didn't die in the collapse. Did they?

I heard the screech again coming from somewhere around Emmalyn's house and spun around. I saw something move on top of her house and ran towards it. If what I think has happened, happened. Then everyone needs to hide. NOW.

I heard someone behind me. I spun around and saw it in the light of the torch on the wall of Emmalyn's house.

Aphmau?

On the wall of the house was a wendigo covered in dirt and dust. Hanging onto it were scraps of purple clothing. "A-aphmau?" I muttered before it lunged at me.

I yelled as the wendigo attempted to wrap its hands around my neck. I shoved my torch into its abdomen and it jumped off. It crashed through the window of Sasha's old house and burst out the door. It jumped to another building and out of sight. A sleepy eyed Dante stumbled out of Kawaii~ Chan's house in his armor."Laurance? What is going on out here?" I yelled to him. "DANTE GET EVERYONE TO LOCK THEIR DOORS AND HIDE!" He looked at me still confused. "What? Why? Laurance you're acting really weird." I was about to explain when I saw Aphmau on top of the roof of Kawaii~Chan's house behind him"DANTE LOOK OUT!" He turned around and was taken by the neck my the wendigo. "Eh? Wh-AAAAH! Let- go- of - me!" He was struggling to get out if it's grip. He pulled out his swords and began swinging them at the wendigo. I started to run towards him with the torch but I was too late as the wendigo brought its claws above his face and plunged them into his eyes. "AAAAAAH!AAAAH! AAAAA-." I watched his body go limp as he stopped mid scream.

"DANTE~KUN!" I spun around and saw Kawaii~ Chan staring in horror as she watched her husband get murdered. "KAWAII~ CHAN, RUN!" The wendigo soon turned its attention towards Kawaii~ Chan, but I was not going to let that happen. I needed to get its attention some how.

Without thinking I picked up a rock and threw it at the wendigo. It turned to me and I ran as fast as I could. It followed me to the plaza where I hid behind Logan's food stand.

This gives me time. Fire, how can I light it on fire? Ugh! All I have is my torch and this root beer that guy ga-. Wait, that's it! The root beer!

I took a price of cloth from the stand and popped off the cap of the root beer. I stuck it in the bottle and turned it upside down to get the rag covered in it. I took my torch and light it on fire.

I saw the wendigo, my Aphmau, standing in the plaza looking for me. I stood up and threw the bottle.

Goodbye, my love.

I watched flames in gulf Aphmau as the bottle shattered over her body. She screeched and yelled as her skin burnt and I watched a flaming pillar of smoke shoot up into the sky. She collapsed and the fires started to die down.

It's over.

I fell to my knees and started to gently weep.

It's over

WOAH! SECRET BONUS PARAGRAPH!

Zane's POV
We retreated Into the woods after the devastating and embarrassing defeat at Phoenix Drop. As we made our way to O'Khasis we heard movement in the trees.

Probably just a squirrel.

But as the sounds grew louder and closer. I started to get uneasy.

It's nothing. Right?

We carried on until we started to hear footsteps other than our own. I looked around but saw no one. I spun, looking in every which way. I heard twigs snapping and the trees began to shake. I turned to my frightened men and told them.

"We're not alone in these woods."

Thanks for reading! I hope you liked it! I tried really hard on this book so if you want go ahead and give it a vote! Thanks to everyone for supporting this book! Bye,
CHAD G AUGUSTINE AU'LEOPOLD THE THIRD!