Chapter 2

"Children would not remember you for the material things you provide but for the feeling that you cherished them." - Richard L. Evans

********
Jocelyn and I were still playing outside when her mommy came outside for us. "Come on girls, is time for snacks." She said, waving at us to come inside. We stood up, and ran to her side. We walked in, and walked directly to the sink to watch our hands. Don't want to get germs in our tummies.

Mrs. Robins had set three plates on the table with our snacks. Pb&J sandwich cut in little triangles. "My favorite," I said, biting into one. Joe was across from Jocelyn and I, he stook his tongue at me and smiled before eating his own mini sandwich. I rolled my eyes, and kept eating my sandwich. I took a sip of my apple juice, and looked at Joe, who was already done. "You eat so fast!" I said, and he laughed. "I don't eat like a princess." He said, hooping off the chair and taking his plate. He walked to the sink, and settled it there.

"I'm done mommy," he said to Mrs. Robins, and she nodded. "You can go play now," she said, kissing his cheek. He brushed it off, "Mom," he hissed looking at me, "I'm too big for kisses." He said, and she smiled. "Okay, if you say so." She said, and winked at me.

I smiled, and finished my snack. "My daddy is bring us a present today!" Jocelyn said, happily. I felt sad, but happy for them.

Their daddy was always with them, and if not they would be with their mommy.

I never meet my mommy, but my daddy had said that she was beautiful, and that I looked just like her. She had bright ocean blue eyes and chestnut brown curly hair. I really wished I had a mommy that I could play dress up with, that could make me Halloween costume, like Mrs. Robins does for the twins.

Daddy played with me, but is wasn't the same.

"Katie?" Joe said, touching my arm. I looked up, and smiled. "Let's play," he said, taking my hand and I followed him.

Jocelyn was behind us, and we walked to their basement to play Wii. "Let's play Mario!" Joe said, and Jocelyn and I shook our heads in disapproval. "We always play that!" Jocelyn whined, and is true. We always play that.

"Let's play Just Dance!" I said at the same time as Jocelyn. We looked at each other, and laughed. "Fine," Joe said, putting the game inside the Wii.

The game appear on the screen, and we all grabbed a control. "What song?" Joe asked, and I smiled.

"Bang Bang," I said, knowing that Joe hated that song. He gave me a annoyed look, but clicked on the song.

"He never plays that song for me," Jocelyn whispered in my ear, and I looked at her and shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess I'm special," I said, joking around but she nodded.

The song started, and we stared to dance. Joe getting all the moves wrong. "Oh, come on!" He said, at the end of the song.

I came in first place, Jocelyn second and Joe third. Jocelyn and I laughed at her twin brother. He has always been a sour loser. "I hate that song," he said, crossing his arm over his chest and pouted.

"I know," I said, doing my victory dance to spice him up. "In your face." I said, giggling. He gave me a small smile, before he looked away.

We decided to play a song Joe liked next, he was so happy when he won. Obviously Jocelyn and I were complaining at his victory.

"You cheated!" Jocelyn exclaimed, and Joe shook his head. "I won because I'm the best," He said, smiling at her. I sat on the couch, and watched them ramble their fight about him cheating. I smiled, I knew they wouldn't be mad at each other for too long.

And I was right, soon we were laying on the grass outside. It was still pretty bright outside. I lay on my back, looking at the sky change from bright blue to a pinkish color. The twins lay on their bellies, Jocelyn resting her head on Joe's shoulder.

 The twins lay on their bellies, Jocelyn resting her head on Joe's shoulder

"Wouldn't it awesome if we had superpowers?" Asked Joe, smiling. I snapped my head to him, and gave him a confused look. It really would, maybe I could make my mommy come back, and we could be a normal family.

"I want to have the invisibility power," Said Jocelyn, grinning. And I giggled, "What would you do if you were invisible?" I asked, sitting up. "I would scare people!" She said, and Joe and I laughed. We both knew how much Jocelyn loved to scare people.

One night on Halloween, Jocelyn dressed as a witch. I was walking down the stairs to go meet her and Joe at the door, but I almost rolled down the stairs when Jocelyn jumped from down the staircase and scared the jellys out of me!

I remember as if it was yesterday. "Jocelyn! Don't do that!" I screamed, rising my hand to my chest where my heart was beating furiously fast. "Oh my, yo-your face!" She said, between laughs. She bend forward, and her arm rested on her stomach, as she still laughed hysterically. At the end, I laughed with her. Because just imagining my face made me laughed.

"I would like to be like Spider-Man," Joe said, getting up and flexing his wrist like Spider-Man. "Phew, phew!" He said, making the "sounds" of his spiderweb flooding from his wrist.

"That would be so cool! I could climb mountains, and swing from building to building!" He said, running around and climbing the tree all the way to their treehouse. I laughed, and Jocelyn rolled her eyes, but laughed as she stared at her twin brother fool around.

_________

Well, second chapter is here 😊 I hope you guys like it so far. And I know is a little childish, but it is a story told by a child. And I don't want to make it too grown up because that would ruin the child's point of view.

I suck at doing covers, so if you guy would like to make a new one, that would be awesome. Just send me a private message and I will give you my email 😊

Much love:
Mayte ❤️