Chapter 16

Hey :) This is officially the LAST chapter :O omg! :( kinda sad, cos I've love writing this. Normally, I come up with plots but never finish the story, but this time I have done, I know it's short, but it was never meant to be anything too long! And there wont be any follow ons or 10 years later, sorry! And don't hate me for this ending. Comment, vote, peace :D

Lily's P.O.V :)

Again, I needed to find Olly. I felt bad for giving him mixed messages, but he'd get this one fair and square. This time it would be official, I didn't have to think about it, I couldn't put up with it any longer, I had made my decision. I needed to find Olly. I walked out of my flat and locked the door, God knows how long it would take to find him, I hoped he wasn't far.

He wasn't. I walked round to where my car was parked and found him leaning against another fence. Did that boy know, that he's going to get a really bad posture. He probably wouldn't care. I covered the distance between us in 3 strides.

"Look, Lil'-" Olly started

"No Olly don't', I have something I need to tell you. Something big." I took a deep breath and saw a flash of worry in Oly's eyes. I knew what the next emotion would be.

"Olly, I've been offered a new job in. . . Oxford. It's near my parents and the money's good. This isn't entirely your fault. But I can't stay here with you, it brings back memories, you know? But not good ones. Ones of when you.  . . left. When I used to look at you, I used to see you as my best friend, the sweet 16 year old, who I fancied. We were out there to set the world to rights. Now all I see is." I faltered "Now all I see is the guy who broke my heart. Who put me through so much unnecessary crap. And I'm so sorry Olly." I walked over and kissed him on the forehead (my 16 year old self would be so proud!), before stepping back.

His face fell and I had to look down. I knew I was killing him.

"You fancied me?" He asked.

I slowly nodded before, going inside. I wiped my eyes that were suddenly filled with tears. Was it too late to forgive him? To go back out there and hug him? Yes, I thought it is too late, you've made your decision Lily, your better off without him. I would move to Oxford, meet a nice guy and have a great job. I left some cash on the table for the rest of the months rent and grabbed my suitcase. This wasn't easy, but I would survive. I went back outside. He stood there watching me, he knew he couldn't stop me. I loaded my car with my things. I was putting the keys in the ignition, ready to leave.

Olly's P.O.V :)

She went inside and came out with a suitcase. When she said she had to go, I thought, she meant, in a week but not right NOW. I watched silently and then tapped on the window of her cream mini cooper. I opened my mouth to speak, but she stopped me.

"You gave me 5 words, now I'll give you 5, I'm not coming back Olly."  I felt dizzy, I couldn't stop her. As I watched her drive away, lyrics cames back to me. Lyrics from a Fray song: (Over my head!)

And suddenly I become a part of your past

I'm becoming the part that don't last

I'm losing you and its effortless

Without a sound we lose sight of the ground

 I knew then, I was just 4 years too late.