Chapter 5

Hey!

Comment, vote, peace. Sorry it's really short this one! ;)

"What about telling someone?" I mumbled mostly to myself.

"What tell a teacher? Pfft! As if! What good would that do huh?"

"It would have made them stop, but NO, poor little Olly had to take the easy route out! Did you even think about what this might've done to me? Did you even think of anyone but you? Olly why now? I was happy, settled and now you coming back has just stirred up all  those memories, I had buried. Your too LATE Olly, can't you SEE? There's nothing you can do. . . " I trailed off. He gave me a look that broke my heart, and I just shrugged.

"You need to get out now, you've explained yourself, I've shared my point of view and I'm meeting my boyfriend Pete."

"You have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah I'm with a guy, Olly, a good guy who takes care of his responsibilities and doens't run away when life gets hard. Olly you can't just turn up here out of the blue and expect me to come running to you like a puppy. You put me through HELL, Olly and then you come back FOUR years later, like nothings happened. I can't do this."

"Well I'm sorry for thinking that my best friend might still have it in her, to smile at me. And you know what? That guys entitiled to the new Lily, cos I don't like her half as much as I like the old one." Olly snapped. I flinched and bit my lip. There was a slight pause.

"What happened Lil'?"

"Life happened Olly, I grew up! I prayed every night that you'd come back, but when you didn't, I just gave up. So I'm sorry if I may have changed but that's how the world works, I can't stay 16 forever and neither can you" I growled.

My cheeks were burning, as I walked out of my flat, slamming the door behind me. I didn't care, that what I said, wasn't how I felt. In my heart I wanted to hug him, but I couldn't do that, I wasn't prepared to drag myself into that mess. I knew that if I did, I would get 10X the heart break I have now.

Images and memories came flooding in front of my eyes. The smiles, the embarrassing times, the funny times, the exciting times, all of them were there but the very last one hurt me the most. The look on his face when I told him he was too late, the look he gave me broke my heart and I just shrugged.

This all happened, because of the note he left.