Chapter 12: Reflections

Start from the beginning

" But she's your sister."

"You know that term is very overrated to me."

"Your sister needs help and you don't want to help her."her voice was filled with shame.

I rolled my eyes." Why don't you give her the money, taking that your married to that self absorbed company owner?"

"That is your father."

"Yet, another overrated term." I said." He's not my father, I've been telling you that for years now."

"Yes he is, Theresa."

I sighed and dug my fingers in my hair." Look, Anna," I let out another sigh and looked over at Michael. He was mindlessly playing with a piece of my hair."If you really care that much about her, I highly suggest that you give her the money because I've already made up my mind that...I'm not giving her a dime of my money."

"Tessy, why are you being so selfish?"

"I'm not being selfish, I'm just being fair." I said." I have to go."

"T-" but before she could even breath out my name I had already hung up in her face.

I groaned and crashed back down in the sheets." My life is so complicated!"

"Why don't you just give her the money, that way shell stay off your back."

I moved my hands from my face glanced up at him." Who's side are you on?"

"I'm not on any bodies side, I'm just throwing suggestions out there."

"Well that's a suggestion I am not going to take."

He laughed and shrugged his shoulders." So what are you going to do then?"

" I don't know."

"Do you love them."

"Who, Kelsi and Anna?"

He only nodded.

I closed my eyes and took a short breather. Then I opened them back and look at him." To be honest, I don't know how I feel about them anymore."

••••••

As the of 86 ended and 87 bloomed into the days I found myself traveling with Michael to certain places video taping him in his dressing rooms as he was filming his videos and getting ready for certain things that he had. We began rehearsals in May in Florida. The tour was scheduled to take off in September in Japan. I had never been over seas before so that was something that I was had become excited about. I was still uneasy about the whole dancing thing again though. Even though Michael had been teaching me things and helping with my talent I still didn't feel....comfortable doing it.

During rehearsals I had became acquainted with a few of the band members. Of course I already knew Brad and Jake but I did become acquainted with Leslie the new guitarist, she was this really hard rock girl with her blonde hair up in a all crazy like some of the hottest rock bands that had existed back then. Then the drummer Austin, the one Michael had told me about. He was hilarious and always made me laugh. then there was the other back up singers, Dustin and Christiana. Those were the ones I had became closet to considering the fact that I had spent most of my time. with them in the back.

The others I either didn't say anything to them or I just didn't pay much attention to them. I hadn't seen Jaslyn for instance, at first I thought Christiana was her because she did indeed look biracial with her extremely curly hair but I was obviously wrong about that. Come to find out she always cancelled her rehearsals for some odd reason. Michael had told Frank to go ahead and set up last auditions because we couldn't start the tour without another dancer. I was glad of that because I didn't trust that girl and I hadn't even met her yet.