Chapter 5: Godzilla Vs The Avatar

Twin beastial, sharp eyes stared deep into Korra's very soul even Raava who's inside Korra can feel his angry gaze.

"Godzilla..." Korra muttered the name, a name given to the titan by Bumi when heard the name Gojira.

Together with Asami; Iroh; Tenzin and Bumi, the team came up with brilliant plan.

First a big fleet of ships will become the first layer of defense, the fleet will defend the docks from Godzilla and slow his approach within the one mile perimeter.

The second part is the perimeter itself with the edges are marked with naval mines, the mines detonation won't hurt him at all due to his size and thick hide but will serve as warning system for his approach.

The third is another fleet, smaller but it will engage Godzilla's rear flank with the hopes of luring it out of the city should the box contents be valuable to the United Republic and also serve as extra firepower on the fly.

Fourth part is the city itself, should the box's cracking is incomplete by the time Godzilla reached the docks, the box will be loaded unto a truck to bait Godzilla around the city to buy time for the citizens evacuate.

"Yeah, the plan. What could go wrong? Except the part where he is just standing few meters from the perimeter and giving me the creeps by staring at me. What is he waiting for?" Korra mumbled as cold sweet dripping from her cheecks.

The entire city is empty, dark, abandoned, silent. Filled only with some ground troops placing Bumi's secret weapon on every high marked building. The lights on the buildings are turned off making the city and the ground troops harder to be spotted by Godzilla in the darkness of the night.

*
*
*

After painfully long 30-minutes the mines exploded, Godzilla has begun his march.

The titan is soon greeted by fire blasts, earth disks, large ocean waves, biplane bombs, and ship torpedoes, All firing at one target, Him.

With each step Godzilla took, the firepower directed at him doubled yet it still does not slow him down one bit. The biplanes initiated a bombing run over and over, the pilots are getting desperate, so some co-pilots started to use their firebending directly. Two planes got a little close and The Titan grabbed them with his mouth and a hand, he crushed a plane with his jaws and threw the other into a ship.

Godzilla swinged his tail at a ship, splitting it in two. He stomped and another ship is destroyed, he even lifted a ship and throws it at The Silk Road Bridge.

The ship commanders decided a new plan, create a circle around it and shoot with everything they have. The ships began moving a distance from the titan, much to his confusion before unleashing all of their firepower, Godzilla shrieked in pain and smoke engulfs the titan.

Korra's watched it all and she almost smiled in victory but it is quickly cut short.

They all saw and heard it, blue glow and the sound like a charging generator followed by a deep breath before Godzilla unleashed his ultimate power, A blast of blue light is all that Korra can describe. The titan fired his blast at the ships, starting from the left to a full circle around him, destroying the entire fleet without as much as a flinch and he turned to Korra's direction.

She watched in horror of the lives lost, how will their families react? There isn't even a body to recover from the fallen soldiers. Godzilla stared at her giving a sharp glare.

"SKREEEEOOOOOONNNNNGGGKKK"

The roar snapped Korra out of her trance, she quickly opened her glider and flies at The Titan's direction. Nearly crushed by Godzilla's jaws when she flew a little to close.