Catch Up

1 and a Half Year Later

June 2015

Life was going great, and to be honest, I probably wouldn’t trade a day of my life for someone else’s, even looking back on what I had gone through.

Over the last two years I had gained a family of five boys that I probably couldn’t live a day without, now that we were all so close.  The boys had finally gone on their tour and it had been a resounding success.  They were taking time off now for the wedding and the wedding that had been three months prior.

Liam and Danielle were doing well.  They got married three months ago.  The ceremony had been beautiful, and nearly everyone was in tears with the beauty of the whole thing.  Liam and Danielle had their ups and downs but in the end the highs had outdone the lows and they had married.  I had been one of the brides maids and the boys had been the groomsmen/best men because Liam couldn’t bring himself to choose one of the boys over the others for the honor of being the best man.  Harry and the maid of honor, a childhood friend of Danielle’s by the name of Caylee, had hit it off immediately and they have been dating ever since.

Zayn had finally admitted his feelings for Maddi and they will soon be celebrating their one year anniversary.  They had started dating mere days after graduation.

Niall and Naomi had been dancing in circles with each other since they had made a drunken decision to kiss at my graduation party.  If they didn’t figure it out soon Louis and I had a plan to shove them in a small space until they admitted their feelings for each other.  It was getting truly ridiculous because it was so obvious to everyone but each other that they were head over heals for each other.

Sammi was happily dating one of my grade school classmates that had gone to a private school.  He was going to Montana State, having gotten a full ride scholarship for football.  Chase was perfect for Sammi in a lot of ways and I couldn’t wait to be invited to their wedding.

And Louis and I?

Well, we are getting married today, at my grandmother’s house up on Flathead Lake. 

After that disastrous Christmas, my grandma had contacted me and talked to me about everything that my mom had done to me and everything since the boys had arrived.  She had eventually brought charges against my mom and my mom was now rotting in prison for her crimes.  It turned out that not only had she treated Jason and I like the scum under her feet and threatened us numerous times, but she had threatened to kill me and Jason if my dad left her, so my dad had succumbed to the threat and stayed, but still took care of Jason and I with money that he had managed to stash away.  My mom was staying in prison for a good long time.

For a June in Montana, the weather was amazing.  It was a balmy 75 degrees and there was a light breeze coming in from the lake.  The flowers were just starting to bloom and everything was green again, making the wedding pictures turn out amazingly.  Maddi had started up her own photography business and she was doing quite well for being as young as she was.  She was the one that was taking the wedding pictures, and I couldn’t wait for them to be developed so that I could hang the pictures in our house.

Louis and I had bought a house not far from my grandmother’s on a little lake just north of Flathead Lake.  We had a nice little house on a peninsula on Echo Lake and the water was always quite a bit warmer than the water at Flathead.  We were just now starting on making the house our own, since we had bought it not even a month ago.

It felt weird calling it mine or even ours because it had been a while since I had lived in a proper house, and this was the first thing that we had owned jointly.  We had done a lot of searching to find our house, and once we saw it we knew that it was the one.  It was a nice sized house with three bedrooms, two baths, an office area, a sunroom, and water on the north and south sides of the house.  That was the beauty of having a house on a peninsula, was that there were two sides with water, so if one side was full of boats, then the other was likely to be relatively calm.  It was my favorite place to be.  We had even considered having the wedding at our house, but it wouldn’t have been fixed up in time and we were already a year behind what we had originally planned, due to management telling the boys that they couldn’t postpone their tour any longer.

While the boys had been on tour I had started taking classes at the University of Montana, majoring in International Business.  I was two years from graduating.

Anyway, back to the wedding.

The ceremony was just about to start and I was still sitting in the room that we had taken up as our changing room.

My maid of honor was Kieran, a girl that I had known since elementary school, and Naomi, Sammi, and Maddi were my other bridesmaids.

Louis’ best man was the obvious choice of Harry, and then Liam, Niall, and Zayn followed as groomsmen.

As the music started I walked out of the room and took my dad’s arm, letting him lead me out onto the aisle.

The wedding went smoothly and soon enough we were at the reception.  Harry, of course, had to be the first person to toast, and started off saying, “Well we all knew that they would eventually get together!” and had gone on saying, “It was just a question of when and where.  Lou has loved Libby since she pulled that damned rainbow pocket knife on us.  I recall him telling me, the night that she had taken us to her house, that, and I quote, “This girl can’t be real.  You may not think she is perfect, Harry, but I think that I have found the girl that I want to spend my life with.”  Of course he didn’t want me telling that to everybody but I thought that it was appropriate considering that they have gone through just about the worst few years of their lives, but through it all they managed to keep it together and now here they stand.  Give a hand for Mr. and Mrs. Louis Tomlinson!”

Harry swung his arm around to us as everybody clapped and would have fallen on his ass, had Caylee not been there to steady him.  He was quite obviously drunk.

The boys each said something and then Jason started his toast.  “I hadn’t seen my sister in almost seven years when I came back for her high school graduation.  She had changed so much in that period of time, and I have to tell you that I was not pleased to learn that my 18 year old sister was engaged before she even graduated from high school, but then I met her soon to be husband and realized that they were a very good match.  Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but very well balanced.  They have been through the good, the bad, and the ugly, and they have survived.  I am confident that their marriage will be a long lasting, if not interesting marriage.”

After that, Louis and I boarded a plane and we were off to do a tour of Europe for our honeymoon.